- Salary: Competitive
- Job Status: Full-Time
- Location: Chelmsford Essex
- Reference: 303523051
- Date: 2 weeks ago
Are you able to promote a positive ethos of good behaviour within a classroom and around a school? Are you committed to excellence and raising the academic and personal achievement of your cohort? If so then we would like to hear from you!
Randstad Education is working closely with a large, ofsted-graded outstanding primary school in the Southend area, who are looking for a Key Stage 1 teacher to start in September. The position is full time, for 2 terms minimum, with the opportunity for a permanent position for the right person. ...
The successful candidate will have the following respons
• To be responsible for the learning of children assigned to you by the Headteacher.
• To teach, according to their educational needs, the children assigned (i.e. an allocated class, groups or group according to the internal organisation of the school).
• To set and mark work carried out by the children in accordance with the school's relevant policies.
• To assess children's achievements and progress and attainment and record this in accordance with arrangements agreed within the school.
• To control and oversee the use and storage of books and other teaching materials and resources provided for class use.
• To manage the responsibilities and workload of Learning Support Assistants assigned to your class; this includes supervising, directing and planning work for them in your classroom as appropriate.
• To maintain discipline in accordance with the school's behaviour policy.
• To monitor, report to and consult with parents/carers on the progress of children allocated to you.
• To attend and contribute to meetings, discussions and management systems necessary to coordinate the work of the school as a whole.
• To actively support the vision, ethos and policies of the school.
• To promote and safeguard the welfare of children in the school.
The school can offer:
• A warm, friendly and caring school community, with a welcoming ethos created by the whole school.
• Children whose behaviour is 'exemplary...their attitudes to learning make a significant contribution to outstanding achievement across the school' (Ofsted circa 2016).
• Continued professional development through a firm belief and commitment to bringing out the best in people. The school is a school of outstanding leadership, spotting potential leaders and growing their abilities.
• A well resourced school in a beautiful, peaceful setting.
• School teaching experience or similar, including knowledge of the national curriculum, and awareness of English and Maths initiatives.
• Knowledge of formative and summative assessment strategies.
• Be a teacher of ability, skill and expertise, able to cater for the needs of all children in a class.
• Be willing and able to offer support with specific curriculum areas, and work collaboratively with all school staff.
• Be a good communicator with effective organisational skills.
• Have knowledge of current issues and developments in primary education.
If you would like to apply, would like more information or would like to hear about other opportunities we have, please call on or email , thank you!
When applying for a job, do not provide bank account details or any other financial information. Never make any form of payment. WhatJobs is not responsible for any external website content. Report this job