Lead Financial Planning Analyst
Job Description - Lead Financial Planning Analyst (200003J5) Job Title and Vacancy Reference Number Lead Financial Planning Analyst - (200003J5) Lead Financial Planning Analyst
Up to £45,000 (Grade E16) plus excellent benefits
Manchester city centre with flexible working options
We’re looking for a lead financial planning analyst to join Co-op and support in performance reporting and planning across the business. You’ll be consolidating reporting inputs from our different business areas, and adding any assumptions and driver updates into our forecasts and financial plans. We’ve got a big job on our hands to transform the way we do things at Co-op. And when we get it right, it’ll have even bigger benefits for our customers, members and colleagues.
As a lead financial planning analyst, you’ll be playing a key part in the team that’s responsible for consolidating reports, analysing performance and trends, and consolidating forecasts, budgets and plans for the future. We’ll look to you to deliver reporting against internal benchmarks and then compare with external competitors in the industry so that we can inform and optimise our business decisions. If you can bring us the financial and analytical skills that we need, we can offer you the chance to build your career with a business that always puts people at the heart of its strategy.
What you’ll do
• build financial plans across the different business areas, using proven techniques and methods
• act as the point of contact for the Cognos TM1 planning system, developing planning techniques within the tool and supporting with queries as it’s rolled out across the team
• input data and assumptions / driver updates into the Cognos TM1 system for forecasts, budgets and strategic plans
• consolidate reporting inputs from the different business areas, and tell the story of the overall performance in a compelling way
• support the weekly and monthly performance reporting for the different business areas
• consolidate the period results, understanding key variances and the impact it has on overall financial statements
• regularly report insights on the changes to the external economic market
This role would suit people who have
• an accountancy qualification (ACA, CIMA, ACCA or equivalent) or in the final stages of working towards one
• previous experience working in an FP&A team
• experience working with budgets and forecasts (P&Ls, balance sheets, cash flow etc.)
• strong IT skills, with confidence in spreadsheet / model consolidation
• great accuracy with work, analytical skills and attention to detail
• experience with IT planning systems, knowledge of TM1 would be a bonus
• the ability to produce strong presentations and tell a story through data
• confidence to present to senior leaders, challenging and influencing where necessary
• experience working in a retail FMCG environment would also be a bonus but not essential
Here you’ll do work that matters. We’re a commercial organisation with a purpose beyond profit, you’ll have an opportunity to help us build a stronger Co-op and stronger communities. You’ll also get a package that includes:
• competitive salary
• coaching, training and support to help you develop
• pension with up to 10% employer contributions
• annual incentive scheme
• 28 days holiday (rising to 32 in line with service)
• discounts on Co-op products and services
Building an inclusive work environment
We’re actively building diverse teams and welcome applications from everyone. But simply having a diverse workforce is not enough. We aim to build an inclusive environment, where everyone can contribute their best work and develop to their full potential. We celebrate our differences, and recognise the importance of teams reflecting the communities they serve.
We can make reasonable adjustments to our interview process according to your needs. And we offer a flexible working environment so you can adjust your hours to suit your personal circumstances. You can find out more about Co-op people policies at .uk/peoplepolicies.
As part of your application you’ll need to complete an online assessment. It will take you around 12 minutes to complete this test.
Primary Location : GB-GB-Manchester
When applying for a job, do not provide bank account details or any other financial information. Never make any form of payment. WhatJobs is not responsible for any external website content. Report this job