Lead Software Developer
- Date: 2 weeks ago
The Lead Software Developer's role is to manage and oversee the development team for the digital tower within Bupa Dental UK. They will work closely with the architecture team, product owners, scrum masters and other lead software developers to deliver critical bespoke business applications to the dental division.
Key areas of accountability and responsibilities are:
IT Organisation Structure
- Bupa UKIT provides IT services to the entire Bupa UK group including Insurance Services, Care Homes, Health Centres and Dental Centres.
- As part of Bupa UKIT, IT for Dental Services look after c450 dental practices across the UK and Ireland on behalf of the Dental Business Unit.
- You will report into the Head of Software Development for Bupa UK Dental Services who reports to the IT Director for UKIT Dental.
- You will be responsible for a team of employed direct reports and occasional contract staff. This will include people with varying skill sets including but not limited to, developers, DBAs and product designers.
- The software development team have a wide-ranging skill set and great opportunities for development and progression. As the manager of this team, it will be expected that you inspire and mentor your teams to achieve a culture of knowledge sharing, personal development and to create opportunities for progression. You will perform all the management duties expected of a manager within Bupa including One-to-Ones, appraisals, performance reviews, sickness and holiday management. The role will be responsible for the resource management within the team ensuring that the team have enough capacity to deliver against commitments.
- Bupa UK IT Dental operate an agile process based around the Scrum framework. It is therefore expected that you ensure the development tower comply with the defined framework.
- Clear reporting will be expected in an agreed format at regular intervals to monitor performance of the team against key performance indicators and project milestones and goals.
- The role will be responsible for quoting timescales for development of bespoke products using an evidence based approach.
- You will be required to engage with the business around bespoke software products and will need to be able to communicate clearly and concisely through relevant defined communication channels. You should be personable and approachable to all people within the business.
- You will support the Bupa IT UK Dental operations team, to diagnose, triage and resolve any bugs that are escalated to the software development team.
What we're looking for:
- NET (C#) - 2 years minimum
- MVC 3 or above
- SQL Server
- API Development
- Proven ability to manage teams of people across varying roles.
- Experience with Scrum and Agile frameworks.
- Communication and stakeholder engagement.
- Proven experience of successful delivery of software products against requirements and vision.
- Experience supporting technical staff to design solutions and resolve problems.
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work autonomously under minimal supervision.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, deadline driven environment.
Salary and benefits:
- A competitive starting salary with annual reviews
- Free personal development courses
- Career opportunities to move into other roles or other parts of Bupa
- Long service recognition
- Free car park (Bristol Support Centre)
- Brand new comfortable office space
- Flexible working
- Contributory pension scheme
- Competitive staff benefits including discounts in over 7000 retailers and even a day off for your wedding!
- 20% saving on Bupa travel insurance
- Earn up to £3,000 per referral in our employee referral scheme
- Discounted gym membership
- Access to Smile Everyday - a range of health products and services
- Discounted dental insurance that can be extended to family members
- Free annual flu jab
- Discounted health assessments
- Access to Bupa Boost app and a health check
- Cycle to work scheme
If you or someone you know would be interested in working with a dynamic and expanding healthcare business, with lots of support on offer, great benefits and friendly teams, we would love to hear from you!
When applying for a job, do not provide bank account details or any other financial information. Never make any form of payment. WhatJobs is not responsible for any external website content. Report this job