COMPOUND OPERATORS/FLT DRIVERS
SHIFTS 4 ON 4 OFF (Permanent roles)
We have a great opportunity for Compound Operators, with FLT licence, to join the friendly team of our well known and well-established client in Horncastle. Reporting directly to the Senior Team Leader and Shift Leader your role as Compound Operator will involve the safe processing of plastics from bale to pellet for internal and external customers. Compound Operators maximise, monitor and record output, maintain a safe and tidy work environment, work in a team with tasks to ensure the plant produces and operates efficiently and to the quality standard required. Ideally, we are seeking Compound Operators with previous factory experience. Full PPE provided along with on-going training.
Key responsibilities – Compound Operator:
* You are required to report to the STL in a timely manner at the start of every shift, ensuring you have all the correct PPE for the daily tasks.
* Ensure all relevant Health, Safety and Environmental requirements are followed during the shift including focus boards, housekeeping audits, Operation Clean Sweep and task sheets.
* Ensure all production movements of material / waste are recorded as appropriate on the paperwork provided and booked out on IFS. These amounts must match and must have been verified by the Senior Team Leader.
* All electrical / mechanical issues must be reported to Senior Team Leader / Shift Leader immediately and a job card filled out on IFS. Any prolonged breakdown must be proactively chased with the Team Leader.
* PPP Maintenance Day schedule must be adhered to ensure overall downtime is minimised whilst confirming all tasks are completed to a high standard using a streamlined approach and the appropriate resource utilising the HS&E safety procedures which must be followed at all times.
* Check and monitor water treatment and flow levels in the PPP.
* Operate compounders safely following trained and signed off procedures (SSoW)
* In addition to the tasks in this job description your will be expected to carry out any other task that can be reasonably expected.
Personal Specification – Compound Operator:
* A good understanding of Health, Safety & Environmental requirements, with the ability to identify risks and manage them accordingly using the appropriate methods and documentation.
* You are required to have a full valid Fork Lift Truck Certificate (CounterBalance)
* Self-motivated, methodical, well organised and a good communicator with good people skills.
* Basic knowledge of the process and capable of a hands-on approach to minimise downtime through problem solving. Ensure all tasks are carried out to the Safe Systems of Work (SSoW) provided by the management.
* Use the correct Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for the tasks you are carrying out, and only operate equipment you are trained and signed off on
When applying for a job, do not provide bank account details or any other financial information. Never make any form of payment. WhatJobs is not responsible for any external website content. Report this job