We have a great new opportunity to join us as a Maintenance Technician, working as part of a small team providing maintenance cover in support to the operation of the plant.
Using your skills as an experienced engineer you will be responsible for fault finding and breakdown repairs, working towards reducing plant downtime and achieving component life expectancy.
The successful Maintenance Technician / Engineer will work on a core principle of a three shift pattern. You must be flexible with your approach, be capable of working both supervised and unsupervised, being proactive and reactive towards your work.
Maintenance Technician Responsibilities:
• Carrying out plant upgrades and modifications to the required standards.
• Reporting through computerised maintenance management system all work carried out.
• Development and implementation of a programme of planned preventative maintenance and inspection to minimise downtime, provide records of recurrent faulting and engineered solutions to these issues.
• Anticipate machine failures and make such changes or recommendations to prevent reoccurrence to reduce downtime to a minimum.
• To be available for planned maintenance shutdown periods (reasonable notice will be given).
• Ensuring H&S standards are strictly maintained and all related documentation is completed.
• Liaising with external contractors on specific repairs/maintenance, including some weekend working.
• Implementing and ensuring compliance with all company policies, processes and procedures
• Carrying out planned and reactive maintenance practices.
Maintenance Technician Requirements:
• Mechanical or Multi-Skilled Engineer with experience working in a process or production environment, with a fault finding and diagnostic approach, reactive breakdown repairs, planned maintenance work orders.
• Proven track record of working to clearly defined KPIs and delivering continuous improvement within an operational environment
• Knowledge and practical experience of large Conveyors, Chain Drives, Hydraulics, material Compactors, Shredders, Overhead cranes and Pneumatics.
• Knowledge and understanding of the requirements of working within a time critical process environment
• Ability to communicate well with others, both technical and non-technical.
• IT literate – comfortable using business software and systems
• Full UK car driving licence
• HNC/HND/C+G (or Industry equivalent) in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering is preferred
Renewi PLC is a leading waste-to-product business ideally positioned to be part of the solution to some of the main environmental problems facing society today: reducing waste, avoiding pollution, and preventing the unnecessary use of finite natural resources.
The UK Services Division of Renewi PLC employs approximately 600 employees over 390locations and collectively we handle more than 1.97 million tonnes of waste annually, achieving a 73% recycling and recovery rate.
As a Group, Renewi PLC employs approximately 8,000 employees over 162 locations in 6 countries in Europe. Collectively we handle more than 13 million tonnes of waste annually, achieve a 91% recycling and recovery rate and avoid 3 million tonnes of carbon pollution. We have the broadest range of waste-to-product services in the industry. Above all, our team is committed and passionate about our mission: waste no more.
Position: Full time, Permanent
Location: Carlisle, Cumbria
Salary: £33,142 per annum + overtime
You may have experience of the following: Maintenance Engineer, Maintenance Technician, Plant Equipment, Electrical Engineer, Multi Skilled, Repairs, Maintenance Engineer, PPM, Planned Preventative Maintenance, Mechanical Engineer, Technician, Corrective Maintenance, Manufacturing etc.
When applying for a job, do not provide bank account details or any other financial information. Never make any form of payment. WhatJobs is not responsible for any external website content. Report this job