Mechanical Service Engineer - Bakery & Catering Equipment
What's in it for you
We offer an excellent benefits package that helps make Tesco Maintenance a great place to work. These include but aren't limited to...
- A Colleague Clubcard, giving you 10% discount on your Tesco shopping throughout the year, both in-store and on-line.
- Eligibility for the annual colleague bonus plan.
- Access to our competitive pension scheme and life assurance policy.
- Uniform and personal protection equipment along with the right tools to ensure comfort and safety in the working environment.
- Regular exposure to Tesco deals, discounts and offers.
- A smarter working environment, friendly colleague atmosphere and subsidized onsite canteen.
- Training and career development opportunities within Maintenance and the wider business, as well as support from a large regional team and in-house technical specialists.
- 21 days holiday (plus bank holidays in lieu if worked), increasing with length of service.
- Long service awards starting after 15 years.
About the role
Tesco Maintenance are currently looking to recruit aqualified mobileMechanical Service Engineerto work as part of ourService Team in Bakery and Catering.At Tesco, our stores and offices couldn't function without the support of our Maintenance Team. Working closely with the Store Leadership Teams, the Service Technicians deliver statutory requirements and proactive planned maintenance using the operating model to minimise equipment breakdown and impact on business, in a prompt and cost effective way. Ensuring the business is able to continue to deliver its promise of serving Britain's shoppers a little better every day.
Should you be successful in your application, your offer will be subject to and conditional upon you providing your bank account details before your agreed start date.
You will be responsible for
- Completing planned preventative maintenance and responding to reactive maintenance on bakery & catering equipment across a Tesco estate
- Verisae usage and parts replenishment.
- Communicating withthe team and the wider business team.
- Working collaborative with the National Operation Centre.
- Ensuring PDA compliance.
- Following our Business Code of Conduct and always acting with integrity and due diligence.
- Being acustodian of Health and Safety.
- Supporting change within the business to ensure continuously improved performance.
- Highlighting opportunities to managers to complete tasks in a 'Better, Simpler or Cheaper' way.
- Completing tasks and ensure they are 'right first time'.
- Liaisingwith the store technicians and update them on status of maintenance work for service.
- Supporting managers to resolve customer issues.
- Delivering non negotiable standards across stores.
You will need
- Full UK driving licence.
- 17th Edition.
- C&G / NVQ Level 2 Electrical or equivalent.
- Strong mechanical and electrical knowledge.
- Good communication skills.
- Time served in the food industry.
- Experience working in a retail environment.
At Tesco Maintenance, it's our people that makeusoneofthe leading retail maintenance providers in the UK. Weoperate inover 3,500 Tesco and One Stop stores,distribution centres, Tescobanks andheadoffices, to deliver first class maintenance and engineeringsolutions andsupport.
With our comprehensive induction and ourtechnicalcompetency plan, weinvest intraining forour field colleaguestohave the right level of skills and expertisefor each roletoworksafelyandprovide first-rateasset managementacross our estate.Wecreate a culturewhereevery colleagueis competent, motivated andprofessional, maximising the level of support we offer to Tesco stores.
From multi-skilled, to technically-savvy technicians, we've got it covered. OurOperations andMaintenance Managers span the entirety of the UK; technically-minded individuals who support ourfieldengineersto get the job done.Our Engineering teamworknationally to introduce a broad spectrum of award-winning new technological initiatives; from compliance testing to refrigeration, security tosustainability.
Everything we doin Tesco Maintenance is focused on supporting continuous improvement tothe overall shopping experience for our customers.
When applying for a job, do not provide bank account details or any other financial information. Never make any form of payment. WhatJobs is not responsible for any external website content. Report this job