Mobile Authorised Person - RAF Northolt, Windsor
- Location: Northolt
- Date: 1 month ago
Job Category: Construction Job Location: Northolt, Greater London, United Kingdom None We're committed to creating better places for everyone. We take pride in making a difference, but also in being the difference: for the communities we serve, whatever the challenge, whatever the weather. By designing and consulting, building and maintaining, managing and investing in our country's services and infrastructures we create better places to live, work and travel. As one of us, you can really be you because your individuality is an asset. You're surrounded by a team of people who want you to grow and embrace new challenges. People who care about your job satisfaction as well as your well being. There'll be experiences as original as you are, in a career that can feel like many rolled into one. You'll be stretched but always supported. To bring out the better in you. To shine as a better team player or self starter. To help you commit to better each day, delivering whatever steps it takes, great or small, to create better places for everyone. We believe that we are what we do. It's more than just wanting to do better. At Amey we're proud to be the better None Accept responsibility for the practical implementation and operation of JSP375 to support the effective and timely delivery of Additional Works, planned and response maintenance. Ensure as far as reasonably practical that all persons within designated Area observe the requirements of JSP375. Assess the competence of Skilled Persons for appointment to ensure suitably qualified and experienced operatives are directed to relevant tasks and review experience and performance regularly. Issue safety programmes and Permits to Work. Provide professional and technical support and advice to Amey site team, Supply Chain, DIO and end users. Review site risk registers, follow maintenance and management processes, notify Management of any defects on equipment or systems and attained and contribute to risk meetings as required. Reduce the number of corrective actions (CARs) raised and close existing CARs within agreed timescales. Liaise closely with Authorising Engineers and take ownership of personal training plan, familiarisation and knowledge across all sites within the designated area, maintain accurate records within personal log book for site attendance and activities undertaken. Identify opportunities on establishments that will support the MoD's carbon reduction targets. None Work in collaboration with colleagues across Amey to provide consistent approach to delivering the requirements of JSP 375 across the contract. Understand operational priorities of the HoE, develop and maintain close working and effective relationships with DIO and end users to pro-actively support estate activities and provide professional and technical advice as required. Assessment for proposed Skilled Persons and instruct all persons who are required to operate equipment which is under the control of the Authorised Person. Ensure Skilled Persons are aware of any restrictions related to their work and, where necessary, suspend the appointment of Skilled Persons. Pro-actively support a safety culture in which teams and individuals are responsible and accountable for their actions, perform at their best and engage and follow in the requirements of JSP375. Ensure operations are delivered efficiently and economically in order to promote a profitable business for Amey. None Implementation of Safe Systems of Work (SSoW) following JSP375. Support for Operations Team to deliver relevant HFM tasks / planned work / reactive work. Achievement of SC security clearance is a requirement for ongoing employment, failure to achieve will result in termination of employment. None Skills & Experience Profile Essential Desirable § Demonstrable experience of working in a collaborative environment. § Ability to solve problems and make decisions § Ability to work on own initiative § Experience of supervising site operations, including: § Managing staff in the appropriate disciplines § Planning, directing and controlling activities § Management of resources to achieve results § Agreeing scope and priorities of work § Developed IT skills (e.g. Excel, Word § Full driving licence
- Significant practical management in Safe Systems of Work including: § Experience of operating in an MOD environment § Working knowledge of CDM regulations
- Familiarity with geography and establishments within area of responsibility None
- Qualification in an Electrical/ Mechanical/Petroleum Engineering or a related discipline or equivalent experience
- Completed a recognised mechanical/Electrical apprenticeship or relevant training and qualifications.
- Experience in commercial / industrial boilers and heating systems/installations ideally with HTHW or steam experience
- Experience in commercial air conditioning and ventilation systems/installations ideally with some refrigeration experience
- Experience in compressed air systems/installations ideally including high pressure.
- Management of contractors ideally at a management level And /or
- Experience in commercial / industrial electrical installations
- LV/HV distribution systems
- Management of contractors ideally at a management level
- Technical qualifications & training as required by JSP 375.
- Emergency first aid
- Management level qualification in H&S and Environment (e.g. SMSTS)
- Continuing Professional Development
- Experience in Dental air vacuum systems. None Personal Profile: Behavioural competencies Developed communication skills are required to influence and negotiate internally and externally across the business Lead by example across the Amey contract and by achieving objectives and consistently demonstrating the Company values Motivate local site team through clear, effective direction, delegation and decision making and strive for excellence in personal and site objectives Make sound and timely decisions, using technical knowledge and practical experience Build strong relationships with local MoD personnel and the end user to ensure excellent delivery of the Amey contract Build and maintain effective collaborative relationships, within the Amey contract seeking to achieve benefits of joint value Provide clear and concise direction to influence and negotiate effective delivery within the remit of the Amey contract Maintains high standards for quality and achievement in a changing environment and maintains focus to deliver resultsTechnical competencies Plan resources effectively and monitor against clear objectives, ensuring targets are met Through the use of available technology maintain accurate records and identify problems within area of remit Work in compliance with Amey processes and identify and share effective ways of working within the Amey contract Be aware of cost and utilise technical knowledge and experiential experience to ensure value for money when completing duties Manage the implementation of Health & Safety Policy, ensure compliance with changing legislation, identify any areas for improvement to ensure best practice within the Amey contract Demonstrate a sound understanding of Safe Systems of Work and JSP375 processes and maintain focus on site compliance to deliver results
When applying for a job, do not provide bank account details or any other financial information. Never make any form of payment. WhatJobs is not responsible for any external website content. Report this job