Multi Skilled Engineer Electrical Bias
We are currently looking to recruit a Multi-skilled maintenance Engineer to join our team in Skelmersdale.
Working 37.5 hours: Monday to Friday 17:00pm- 1:00am
Occasional Weekend work may be required as an emergency call out (this will be paid additionally as overtime and you will also receive a call out fee)
Salads To Go is one of five UK based food manufacturing factories who are owned by the French co-operative group, Agrial. Agrial has operations across 18 regions with 280 farming outlets and it's not just about lettuce!
All 5 UK sites operate under the name of Agrial Fresh Produce Limited and fall under Agrial's vegetable division. The business is more recognisable in the UK by its Florette salad brand and we are now one of the UK’s leading producers in the industry. We have a recipe for success through our EPIC values and working together as one team.
Our STG site is a well-established manufacturing facility based in Skelmersdale supplying pre- packed bags and bowls of salad into the major retailers under their own label.
Main duties and responsibilities:
• Factory start up and testing where required
• Technical, Preventative maintenance and equipment repairing as required
• Maintain sufficient stock of repairs by reporting all use of stock to relevant system or person
• Special process (refrigeration, chlorine, compressed air) where trained
• Check visually global functioning of the overall machinery in all areas of production
• Check and change blades on trimming machines and adhere to maintenance cleaning procedure
• Provide handover to all engineers relating to any problems occurring during shift
• Correct completion of maintenance forms relating to breakdowns
• Ensure all health and safety regulations are adhered to at all times
• Adhere to the Quality system within the department
• Ensure the implementation of hygiene and safety regulations, the wearing of protective clothing and the correct use of all maintenance equipment
• Correct use of the permit to work system
Skills and Experience required:
• 2 years experience in food manufacturing environment
• Experience of carrying out PPM’s
• Dual skilled mechanical and electrical experience
• Excellent mechanical aptitude, preferably to include pumps/ gearboxes etc.
• Engineering Qualifications Desirable
• Able to speak and write English
• Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team.
• Ability to prioritise workload.
• Can work in a cold environment for long periods.
What You Will Get In Return
• A competitive rate of pay
• 28 days annual leave (inclusive of bank holidays); increasing to (30) days
• Annual bonus scheme
• Life Assurance
• Excellent training and development opportunities
• Annual volunteering day
• Free car parking on site
• Employee assistance programme
• Discounted voucher scheme
• Savings scheme and loan service
• Pension Scheme
• Long service awards
• Discounted Gym Membership
• Cycle to work scheme
If you would like to join our fantastic team and you have the skills required then we would love to hear from you, so please apply today!
Note to recruitment agencies: this role is being handled by the company HR team and no agency contact is required.
Agrial Fresh Produce Ltd is an Equal Opportunities employer. In addition, as part of Responsible Recruitment, Agrial Fresh Produce Ltd believes in the Employer Pay Principle. No worker should pay for a job – the costs of recruitment should be borne not by the worker but by the employer
When applying for a job, do not provide bank account details or any other financial information. Never make any form of payment. WhatJobs is not responsible for any external website content. Report this job