O365 SME Technical Specialist- 12 month secondment/ Fixed Term contract
The Bank of England is the UK's central bank. Our mission is to deliver monetary and financial stability for the British people.
The Bank of England is a diverse organisation. Each of its 4,000 people are committed to public service and dedicated to promoting the good of the people of the United Kingdom by maintaining monetary and financial stability.
Work for an organisation steeped in history with a front row seat for the digitalisation of the financial sector, and the rise of rise of fintech and regtech. A core organisational strength, with our people at our centre, Technology enable the Bank of England to deliver its mission by providing a hugely diverse set of technical solutions and platforms. From supporting critical systems which underpin the UK economy, to evolving data analytics, reinventing our online presence, and introducing a fully digital workplace. Be part of a team that's constantly evolving, just like our industry.
We take pride in our people, with backgrounds and experiences as diverse as the solutions they provide. You'll enjoy flexible working opportunities, a strong sense of community and well-being, and a collective mission to promote the good of the people of the UK. All of which add up to make the Bank a hugely rewarding place to work.
The Technology division manages and supports all aspects of technology delivery across the Bank, from maintaining critical systems, which underpin the UK economy, to providing big data analytics, implementing comprehensive cyber security programmes, and introducing innovative solutions in support of a digital workplace.
Technology's key objective is to support all other areas of the Bank in achieving our collective mission to promote the good of the people of the UK by maintaining monetary and financial stability. This is achieved through the delivery of appropriate, high performing, resilient solutions and information services across the organisation and externally.
Within the Technology directorate, the Digital Service division is responsible for ensuring that the Bank's IT services perform to the appropriate level to meet the business needs. Within Digital Services, there are a number of areas including the Digital Workplace domain that is responsible for providing expertise into all aspects of the technologies and services of the Digital Workplace, both operationally and architecturally, as well as assisting in project design and delivery.
The Digital Workplace Senior Technicians play a key role in determining the technology solutions and roadmaps required to deliver the Bank's business goals within the Digital Workplace domain. They are expected to quickly gain an understanding of the Bank's core aims and, together with extensive technical experience, use this knowledge to formulate implementable technology roadmaps and solution designs in line with IT strategy. They will be proactive in shaping the technical landscape and will design solutions through requirements discovery, analysis and assessment of solution options whilst driving technology selection that delivers Bank-wide benefit wherever possible. This role is primarily focused on Microsoft 365, incl. Teams, SharePoint Online, Exchange Online and InTune.
Working closely with colleagues in Technology, Senior Technicians are engaged throughout the delivery lifecycle in a variety of execution and consultative roles.
The primary focus of the role is:
- Develop the vision, strategy and roadmaps for Digital Workplace services alongside the Delivery Manager, Domain Lead and Enterprise Architecture team.
- Influence the formation of the wider Bank Technology strategy.
- Understand the evolving technology needs of the Bank and keep abreast of technology trends especially those relevant to the domain in order to provide technical expertise and thought leadership.
- Ensure business requirements and IT strategies are translated into implementable technology roadmaps and that all outputs are communicated in a business-friendly language.
- Design & shape technical solutions that meet business needs for projects and programmes.
- Play a leading role in technical innovation, conducting and commissioning research and development activity to explore new ideas and opportunities.
- Act as a point of reference for the Division and Bank on specialist/technical matters.
- Work with and leverage external providers to implement and deliver stable technology services
- Use their deep technical experience to lead root cause analysis of issues when required and delivery implementation of new services and features.
- Support delivery of Information Management Programme pilots (Teams and M365 apps)
- Pilot and implement Microsoft Intune
- Assist with user education and business change activity required to adopt new services.
- Knowledge transfer to existing Bank tech teams
A proven track record of thought leadership, influencing IT strategy and defining technology roadmaps.
- Experience in designing and delivering robust, pragmatic and maintainable solutions, ideally within the Financial Services industry, specifically in M365, O365 and InTune
- An understanding of and experience in business case development and support from a technical perspective.
- Ability to critically analyse problems and processes and their impact on the business.
- Proven track record in delivering IT solutions to support business objectives.
- Proven awareness of relevant industry technologies to ensure a strategic vision and direction is maintained within the domain.
- Strong customer focus and an excellent ability to understand requirements and expectations, and translate these into technical deliverables with defined acceptance criteria.
- Adept at stakeholder communications, from senior level to domain-wide engagement events
- A broad and deep understanding of best practice in applying appropriate processes, technologies, and resources to deliver a high quality level of service
Minimum Essential Criteria
The successful candidate(s) will have extensive experience in many of the following technology areas:
- Architecting M365 O365 solutions that meet the business and technical needs
- Communicating M365 O365 options and requirements in a way that allows stakeholders and colleagues to make effective and informed decisions
- Implementing M365 O365 solutions according to the technical, schedule, and cost requirements agreed
- Supporting and Administering M365 O365 solutions
- Forming, leading, and working with teams in the execution of M365 O365 activities
- Office 365 Service-orientated customer facing skills
- Proven skills in aligning IT with organisational drivers
- Industry awareness to identify improvement opportunities and implement them across the services and processes incorporated within the domain
- Detailed understanding of processes and systems within the domain of expertise
- Good working knowledge of the mission of the Bank of England and the part Technology plays
- Hold Microsoft certifications in M365 O365, MS Azure, or other cloud/on-premise technologies
The successful candidate(s) will have also benefit from experience in some of the following technology areas:
- Demonstrated experience and excellence in architecting, implementing, or supporting other Microsoft cloud solutions and/or on-premise solutions
- Experience working with non-Microsoft MDM MAM platforms and delivering BYOD and COPE mobile services
- Experience implementing and supporting SharePoint based document and records management solutions
- Experience implementing and supporting Exchange Online
- Experience working with agile delivery methods
- Microsoft certifications in M365 O365, MS Azure, or other cloud/on-premise technologies
This specific role offers a base salary of c. £45,000-£55,000 (subject to experience and skillset)
The total package also includes:
- A non-contributory, career average pension giving you a guaranteed retirement benefit of 1/95th of your annual salary for every year worked. There is the option to increase your pension (to 1/50th) or decrease (to 1/120th) in exchange for salary through our flexible benefits programme each year. The current cost to the Bank of providing this pension is 35% of your salary.
- A discretionary performance award based on a current award pool and target award of 10%, with a maximum potential award of 25%
- A 7% benefits allowance with the option to take as salary or purchase a wide range of flexible benefits
- 25 days annual leave with option to buy up to 13 additional days through flexible benefits
- Private medical insurance and income protection insurance
We anonymise applications so hiring managers will not be able to see your personal information, your original CV or any covering letters when reviewing your submission. Please complete work history and the application form questions as requested becuase incomplete submissions will not be reviewed.
The closing date for applications is 11th of August 2020.
Please apply online, ensuring that you answer the application questions, complete the work history and submit your CV.
When applying for a job, do not provide bank account details or any other financial information. Never make any form of payment. WhatJobs is not responsible for any external website content. Report this job