We're looking for a driven and enthusiastic Operations Manager to join our operations team. Reporting to the Head of London Delivery you'll be responsible for managing the core day-to-day operations and delivery logistics while continuously driving for exemplary operational standards and service to our customers. You will work closely with our delivery partners to achieve operational excellence, previous experience of managing these relationships is essential in this role. You must be comfortable identifying key levers that drive excellent delivery service and work to continuously improve them.
Feedr is an online platform connecting offices to fresh, healthy meals from 120+ of the best artisan vendors in London. Feedr is redefining the workplace food landscape, using technology to build personalised menus and launch company lunch programs. In addition to our marketplace of vendors, we provide software solutions to digitise the office canteen with Compass Group.
We’re fanatics about great food, great customer experience, and empowering people to have healthy, happy days at work. We believe that food should be transparent, well-sourced, and built to suit your personal needs and preferences, and we’re using technology to do just that.
Feedr has raised two rounds of capital, backed by world class angel and VC investors and was recently acquired by Compass Group. Feedr has also been named as one of the top 100 UK startups in the Startups 100 list two years running. We’re a mission driven team and looking for passionate people to join us in redefining workplace food.
- Lead the operations team and delight our customers by delivering the highest standards of customer experience through on time delivery, food/meal quality and customer query resolution.
- Manage a team of both full time and part-time out of hours operations and customer service team members.
- Day to day management of on-time and error-free delivery of all of our orders with daytime and evening teams. This is a daytime M-F role, but may require the occasional on-call support for evening or weekend teams.
- Monitor key performance indicators and manage the contractual service level agreements with 3PL. Work with 3PL to ensure delivery of SLAs.
- Ensure accurate and timely financial and performance reporting for the operations function
- Responsible for the weekly planning of staff and courier scheduling for evening and weekend teams.
- Set team operational objectives and review and assess ongoing KPI performance.
- Manage delivery cost to ensure profitability of our delivery arm of the business.
- Instill a ‘continuous improvement’ culture and lead on projects across the operations team designed to improve efficiency. Achieving savings by removing waste or unnecessary steps in the logistics process, whilst maintaining high levels of quality and service.
- At least 3-4 years operational experience in a logistics, operations, or similar role in a demanding environment. Knowledge of London delivery logistics would be advantageous.
- Previous experience as a team lead or manager.
- Passion for driving excellent standards and service, ensuring the customer is at the heart of all decisions made.
- A logical approach to problem solving.
- Ability to maintain performance under pressure and proof of previous progression and outstanding performance in a challenging role.
- Excellent critical thinking skills, with very strong attention to detail.
- Previous experience demonstrating excellent operational planning skills.
- Ability to create new processes and procedures.
- Curious and always willing to learn new skills.
- Experience using excel or other business data reporting tool to tell stories on performance and trends is a plus.
- Close knit team where everyone has the opportunity to challenge, question and improve what we do to ultimately build the best product possible for customers
- Mission driven culture oriented around helping people live healthier and better lives.
- Fast paced work environment where you never stop learning.
- Rapid progression and opportunity for high performers.
- Convenient Central London office and flexible working options.
- Access to benefits including subsidised daily lunches (on Feedr’s Cloud Canteen platform), lots of food samples and the Headspace app to support mental wellbeing.
- Competitive compensation package
When applying for a job, do not provide bank account details or any other financial information. Never make any form of payment. WhatJobs is not responsible for any external website content. Report this job