Pathway Manager - Music
Pathway Manager Music
Access Creative College is more than just a college; we are a hub for young creative entrepreneurs who are shaping the future of the creative industries.
Now in our 28th academic year and serving more than 2000 learners across our seven UK based Centres over Levels 1-5, Access Creative College has a well-established reputation for music courses. We've been part of Ed Sheeran, Rita Ora and JP Cooper's journey to stardom. For the past three years, we have been striving to provide that same well-respected education to a new generation of gamers, photographers and digital and media creatives.
Position: Pathway Manager Music Performance
Reporting to: Centre Manager
Location: Access Creative College Bristol
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Salary: £27,600 to £31,200 per annum (subject to learner caseload for the pathway)
About the role:
We want you to lead, inspire and support a team of Course Leaders and Lecturers to manage and deliver the Music Pathway at our Bristol Centre. Working closely with the Centre Manager and Music Performance and Technology team, you will take responsibility for the management, coordination and recruitment of students and learners across the pathway, by leading on the development and quality assurance/improvement of an innovative, industry-focused curriculum and assessment strategy. You will work among experienced, passionate course leaders as well as within a support service provided by our Central Team.
Our prime focus is to nurture talent, desire, and determination. We're looking for someone who is passionate enough to want to share their knowledge and experience with active and hungry young minds. If you have experience in the music industry and would relish the opportunity to develop and lead a unique and engaging curriculum and have the expertise outlined below then we are keen to meet you.
Industry-specific experience, skills and knowledge required:
- Hold a relevant degree or relevant professional qualification at level 3 or above
- Hold an appropriate teacher training qualification i.e. PGCE, Cert Ed, BEd., DTLLS (Level 5) or above
- Demonstrate a profile of grade 1 or 2 lesson observations
- Experience of managing, publicising and providing advice and guidance of courses
- Experience of managing student issues such as enrolment, complaints, disciplinary issues and conflicts with teaching
- Experience of managing staff and the ability to inspire and motivate a team
- Good IT skills, i.e. experience of using a database to produce reports and analyse statistical data
- Knowledge and understanding of mechanisms for the identification, assessment and support of learner needs
- Excellent communication skills - written and oral
- Good organisational skills i.e. ability to prioritise workloads, meet deadlines and work under pressure
- Commitment to personal and professional development
- Demonstrate strategic vision
Our Pathway Managers are at the heart of our education management team so it's essential that you are conversant with current professional practices within your field of expertise. You will also have experience of teaching and/or managing in further and/or higher education.
You will also be educated to degree level and will ideally hold a recognised teaching qualification or be willing to obtain one within a specified period. If you have the attitude and desire to work in a varied, dynamic environment and believe in industry-shaping vocational provision then we can guarantee you will play a key role in our success.
This post closes on 25th July. Please note that interviews may take place before the closing date.
What can we do for you?
We can build your career through our progression channels, whether growing as a manager and becoming a senior leader or moving into one of our industry-focused departments, e.g. Partnerships, Employability or Enrichment.
With Access Creative College you'll be working daily with other extremely talented tutors providing you with opportunities to collaborate and make new connections.
Access Creative College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure Application to the Disclosure & Barring Service.
When applying for a job, do not provide bank account details or any other financial information. Never make any form of payment. WhatJobs is not responsible for any external website content. Report this job