Practice Lead, International Tax
Manage the editorial and operational activities of international tax content in the form of expert analysis for Bloomberg Tax & Accounting products and services. For the Practice Lead role, we are seeking an individual who is interested in putting their experience to work in a technology-driven environment. The Practice Lead will be part of a team tasked with ensuring the substantive accuracy and timeliness of tax content and analysis on the Bloomberg Tax platform. The Practice Lead must also collaborate effectively with other functions in Bloomberg Tax & Accounting, including marketing, customer experience, product, and operations.
- Manage a team of tax analysts reviewing and writing tax content to ensure content meets Bloomberg Tax & Accounting standards.
- Manage assigned products through the publication process, which includes commissioning of authors.
- Keep abreast of current developments, trends, and issues affecting international tax.
- Work collaboratively with other teams within International Tax, including teams in the United States,.
- Review and assess publications, market trends, and competitor developments to capture opportunities for enhancing existing products or creating new products.
- Network with tax practitioners to build up our corps of external writers, and commission specific products, chapters, or articles.
- Liaise with outside experts on publication subjects, with a view to refining and improving product content or concepts.
- Train analysts on internal processes and procedures regarding specific products and services.
- Respond to subscriber inquiries regarding the scope of available analysis and use of Bloomberg Tax platform.
- Work with the Director of International Tax to commission market research, prepare business cases, and develop proposals as appropriate for existing or new products.
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned.
- Strong organizational and project management skills, including the ability to use project resources and staff effectively within established schedules, budgets, and other guidelines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills. The candidate must be able to deal diplomatically and effectively both with internal personnel, outside authors and contacts (including advisory board members, professionalorganizations, practicing attorneys, and potential authors).
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, plan, organize, set priorities, and progress multiple projects at the same time.
- Thorough command of English language and extensive written communication skills are essential.
- Some subject-matter knowledge of one or more topics, including tax treaties, VAT/GST,and/orforeigntax systems is preferred.
- Ability to use word processing and editing/publishing systems effectively.
Education and Experience:
- A law degree or equivalent qualification is required. Professional legal and/or tax experience may be considered in lieu of a law degree.
- Minimum five years of journalistic, legal, or business publishing experience, including reporting and/or writing complex material, plus one year of management experience or demonstrated leadership experience.
- Active membership in one or more professional organizations is highly desirable.
Bloomberg Industry Group IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER and fully subscribes to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity. Bloomberg Industry Group has adopted an Affirmative Action Program to ensure that all applicants and employees are considered for hire, promotion, and job status without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital or familial status, genetic information, disabled veteran, veteran, veteran of the Vietnam Era, or any other classification protected by law.
When applying for a job, do not provide bank account details or any other financial information. Never make any form of payment. WhatJobs is not responsible for any external website content. Report this job