We have a range of fixed term contracts available until the end of the year. We are recruiting for our Primary department and have both Day & Night Shifts available.
All roles will involve manual handling, lifting equipment and products up to 20kg.
We are a leading supplier of Poultry products into an impressive range of customers in the UK retail and food service sectors. With ambitious plans for the future, there hasn't been a more exciting time to join us.
Join us as a Production Operative and you can be a part of the aspiring team that brings Avara Foods to life.
Purpose of the role
As an integral member of the Production team you will enable your lines and the rest of the site to meet different customer's needs to the required quality and safety standards for Avara Foods.
Your key responsibilities will include:
• Achieving agreed quality standards relating to temperature, grading, wrapping, preparation,
• Preparing birds for chilling and butchery.
• Checking and grading bird quality.
• Minimising down time of equipment through correct set up and changeovers of the lines.
• Performing safety start up checks for machinery and your work area.
• Weighing and packing products ready for despatch.
• Manual handling, lifting up to 20kg birds.
What we are looking for:
• Functional skills in English and Maths.
• Experience within manufacturing is beneficial but not essential as training is provided.
• A drive and passion to continue to deliver high levels of service to our customers.
• The ability to work well within a team and communicate with all levels of staff.
• Good attention to detail.
A little about us:
Avara Foods is one of the UK's largest food businesses, supplying chicken and turkey to the nation's most popular supermarkets and restaurants. We are a fully integrated business controlling the whole product supply chain, which include feed mills, farms, hatcheries and factories with associated transport and logistics functions that employ more than 6000 people.
The growth of our business is based on providing a high quality, affordable product and delivering great service levels to our customers. This is achieved by investing in people, utilising the latest technology and being uncompromising in our commitment to high quality and food standards.
What's in it for you?
We are committed to making sure our employees reap rewards of commitment and great performance. You will enjoy a secure, supportive and progressive working environment, where your contribution and achievements will be recognised and rewarded.
We offer comprehensive training as well as development and career progression opportunities. You can also look forward to benefits that amongst other things include the following:
• Weekly paid rates starting from £8.90 per hour.
• Employee benefits scheme including discount shopping vouchers and lifestyle benefits.
• Competitive Pension.
• A dynamic working environment.
• Realistic opportunities for training and development.
If you're ready to work in a dynamic environment alongside talented people who take pride in delivering great results, apply today!
We are committed to being an equal opportunities employer.
When applying for a job, do not provide bank account details or any other financial information. Never make any form of payment. WhatJobs is not responsible for any external website content. Report this job