- Category: Construction and Property
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: West Midlands (County)
- Reference: a516cdcc91e34b062261740432a8692b3d3dcbe3
- Date: 2 days ago
Programmer – Computer / Video Games - West Midlands
Fantastic opportunity for a Programmer to join a leading AAA Gaming Developer.
LOCATION: Birmingham / West Midlands / Worcestershire
What makes it GREAT?
-Excellent opportunity for career progression, going through an exciting period of organic growth.
-Company has very low staff turnover, Excellent sign that they look after their staff.
-Exciting and diverse projects, working on Iconic projects on a variety of platforms.
* Develop and deliver high-quality game code for AAA Unreal 4 projects
* Collaborate with the programming team to develop fully realised and working game systems
* Communicate and collaborate with the Programming & Design Team to assist in delivering polished and immersive gaming experiences that meet design and technical requirements.
* Create and maintain game logic for gameplay mechanics and other supporting game play systems, including written automated tests.
* Work within the specification guidelines of the project and technology, keeping performance in mind as well as working with others to debug potential issues.
* Profiling and optimising code for memory and performance considerations on a per platform basis.
* Be responsible for scoping tasks, working to deadlines and communicating with production and if problems arise.
* Collaborate with design and production to establish achievable goals.
* Communicate with QA to help track down and fix priority bugs.
Based in the midlands my client is a fast-growing gaming developer working on exciting projects with a long-term pipeline of work to fuel further growth of the business and your career.
To be considered for this Programmer role you must meet the following criteria:
* Professional C++ experience in the games industry producing production quality code.
* Demonstrate excellent understanding of Unreal Engines tools and actor based pipeline.
* Strong understanding of content structure and management of C++ code bases with the ability to quickly learn existing code bases.
* Good level of debugging skills, with the ability to perform profiling and optimisation.
* In-depth knowledge of Unreal Engine 4 blueprint logic and gameplay logic assemblies.
* Can quickly create prototypes to match design criteria.
* Is able to put together high quality production code for both single and multiplayer games.
* Understanding of sound programming practices.
* Practical problem solving applicable to 3D game development.
* In-depth knowledge of at least one of the following areas: Engine, AI, UI, Audio, Gameplay, Physics, Rendering, Multiplayer.
The successful Programmer will receive:
-Competitive Salary + Benefits
-Company bonus scheme
-Company outings & events
To be considered for this vacancy or to find out more information please apply now.
Services advertised by Talk Recruitment are that of an employment business and/or agency
When applying for a job, do not provide bank account details or any other financial information. Never make any form of payment. WhatJobs is not responsible for any external website content. Report this job