Project Manager - Environment (Fife & Central Scotland)
- Date: 2 weeks ago
Note for Recruitment Agencies:
We prefer to hire directly, but we do have an approved supplier list for when we'd like a helping hand. We'll be in touch if we need you.
Galliford Try Infrastructure is looking for Project Managers to be based in throughout our Environmental business in Fife and Central Scotland to cover a number of waste and water projects. These roles will sit within our recently branded Morrison Water and will include various frameworks such as ESD and Scottish Water. You will be based on a project where you are most needed to avoid heavy travel (where possible).
Managing a project portfolio of typically 2-3 projects with a portfolio value up to £5m and to ensure projects awarded by Scottish Water are delivered from initial design through to final completion on time, to the required safety and quality standards, in a profitable and efficient manner.
- Co-ordination of constructability input during solutions identification, bidding stage and development phase
- Ensuring that the BMS is implemented at all stages throughout the construction process, i.e. from tender handover to final completion
- Ensure control of plant, labour, material, subcontractors and on-costs is functioning and gives control of costs on site
- Leading the delivery of assigned projects to achieve profit and performance targets
- Accurate and timely forecast of Final Contribution of all projects. Monthly cost forecasting monitored against actual costs, with regular cost to complete updates and End of Life Costs
- Ensure that the construction and installations teams are accountable for their performance against agreed schedules and man hour budgets
- Ensure that all construction and installations activities are carried out in accordance with Health and Safety Legislation
- Ensure that the duties of the Principal Contractor are discharged in accordance with the CDM Regulations
- Authorise Project Construction Phase Health and Safety Plans
- Ensure that all temporary and permanent construction and installation activities are carried out in accordance with the contract specific quality plan.
- Planning, co-ordination and allocation of construction staff to projects ensuring the most efficient and effective use of the resources and that appropriate construction and installation staff are appointed to individual projects: based on experience, skills and knowledge
- Liaise with Construction Managers and Site Managers to ensure that the construction resource pool is developed to satisfy the identified requirements of the portfolio of projects
- Ensuring that sufficient trained personnel are available for the project and that they are aware of their individual responsibilities
- Safety is the cornerstone of GT strategy.
- Recognise that Health and Safety considerations are central to all tasks and contribute to ensuring safe working environment for all.
- Undertake the role of the Site Safety Manager and actively maintain and enforce safety standards as required by statute and in accordance with the Company's Health and Safety Standards listed in the Business Management System.
- As Project Manager you may undertake the role of Business Unit Manager responsible for HS&E, when appointed, and actively maintain and enforce safety standards in accordance with the GT Health & Safety Policy Sections 2.5 and 2.8 and the GT Environmental Policy Sections 2.5 and 2.8.
- Ensure the GT H&S, Environmental and Construction Management Plans and Commissioning Plans are fully implemented and maintained.
- Understand and implement the Quality, Safety and Environmental Policies and Targets
- Comply, as appropriate, with the processes contained within the GT BMS
- Suggest improvements to the GT BMS when they become apparent
Experience and Qualifications:
- Previous experience in a Project Manager role is preferred
We offer an opportunity to work on some of the UKs most exciting construction projects, in a fast-paced environment where each day brings new challenges. We also offer a competitive salary and benefits package and we will always consider flexible working hours and arrangements.
With an ambitious strategy, we're poised for further growth and success, so if you're committed, talented and enthusiastic, Galliford Try is the right place for you.
Galliford Try is one of the UK's most formidable construction businesses with an enviable track record of delivering schemes that strive to provide positive, lasting change for the communities we work in. With an impressive order book of over £3.2 billion we are one of the industry's leading principal contractors, affording you the opportunity to work on some of the UK's most exciting projects offering you stability as well as the chance to stretch your capabilities and realise long held career goals. You will be joining diverse teams working at a high professional level with exceptional levels of commitment.
Operating under Galliford Try in England and Wales and Morrison Construction in Scotland, we are a leading contractor on infrastructure projects in the public and regulated sectors. From highways and rail to renewable energy and water, delivering a specialist capability from concept and design through to project implementation and maintenance.
Galliford Try's Infrastructure Security business works predominantly within the UK's Critical National Infrastructure market, focussing on Defence, Water, Energy, Transport and Telecommunications sectors. We deliver multi-site security programs, and our expertise in the planning, design and delivery processes, together with our CNI Security knowledge and experience, enables us to efficiently deliver fully integrated physical and electronic security programmes and portfolios of work on critical operational assets.
Galliford Try celebrates a diverse workforce and as an Equal Opportunities Employer, we welcome all applications.
When applying for a job, do not provide bank account details or any other financial information. Never make any form of payment. WhatJobs is not responsible for any external website content. Report this job