Opportunity for a QC technician to join an established company who have been providing their specialist products to their marketplace for over 30 years and export products to over 30 countries globally.
Working closely with the quality control manager you will work in a varied role involving undertaking basic laboratory tests and liaising with the manufacturing team to contribute to the effective prevention of errors and quality defects. You will also over time be given responsibility for undertaking research projects.
As the QC technician your duties will include:
- Working as part of the quality team to assess product problems and create solutions
- Checking that raw materials or components involved in the production process are of suitable quality.
- Inspecting production machinery and employees to make sure the production process runs smoothly.
- Resolution plus report writing of any non-conformances raised
- Preparing of routine samples for quality testing
- Performing basic laboratory tests such as moisture checks, weight variations and pH levels of finished samples
To apply for the QC technician position, you will need:
- A degree-level qualification in a scientific field (Biology, Biological Chemistry, Chemistry, Forensic Science, etc.).
- Experience in a manufacturing/laboratory environment
- The ability to undertake basic laboratory testing (ph., viscosity, Karl Fischer, etc.)
In return, the QC technician will receive a salary of £18,000-£22,000 (dependent on experience) + pension, 25 days holiday (plus Bank Holidays), etc.
Hours of work will be 8am-4:30pm Monday to Friday with some flexibility required dependent on workloads, deadlines, etc.
If you are interested in the quality control technician position, please click apply today!
By applying you're giving consent for the Sigma Recruitment agency in Cardiff, to contact you regarding this job and other vacancies we're recruiting for.
When applying for a job, do not provide bank account details or any other financial information. Never make any form of payment. WhatJobs is not responsible for any external website content. Report this job