Quantity Surveyor (Civils)
Global Highland is working with a well established Civil Engineering client to source a Quantity Surveyor for a prestigious project in the North of Scotland.
* Understand and support the development of relationships with main suppliers/contractors and liaise with points of contact on project(s) / contract(s).
* Liaise with peers to review best practice, lessons learned etc.
* Comply with all safety policies and procedures, promote safety and safe working practices both internally and externally to improve safety performance.
* Support the Head of Procurement and Commercial and the Procurement and Commercial Manager(s) in providing a world class procurement and commercial service to internal customers including: -
* Cost and budget management
* Payment & expenditure management
* Contract administration
* Dispute resolution
* General commercial guidance and support as required.
* Identify supply chain cost reduction opportunities and improvements
* Manage all post contract commercial matters including negotiating/agreeing compensation events and ensure that the core principles of the Commercial Manual are being implemented.
* Work within own team to ensure processes are aligned and escalate issues. Responsible for ensuring complaince to all internal policies and procedures and audit requirements such as self audits or compliance reviews.
What you will need?
* Understands the financial aspects and implications of projects.
* Aware of the commercial impact of decisions and the implications on procurement processes.
* Knowledge and experience of contract structure and documentation.
* Knowledge of relevant statutory and legal provisions.
* Detailed knowledge of Company procurement and commercial policies and procedures
Essential Functional / Technical Skills
* Quantity Surveying Degree with post graduate experience
* Highly numerate with experience of interpreting numerical data.
* Experience of drafting and interpreting commercial contracts.
* Understanding of the supply chain and how to improve it.
* Highly developed drafting and writing skills.
* IT skills including Word, Excel, Power Point, Oracle Purchasing Systems.
Personal Attributes / Competencies
* Excellent organisation and planning skills, ability to work to deadlines, dealing with changing priorities whilst managing own time effectively.
* Enthusiasm and drive with a flexible approach to work and an ability to adapt to changing business and project priorities.
* Ability to influence users outside own sphere of responsibility.
* Negotiation and influencing skills.
* Conflict resolution skills.
* Excellent communications skills.
To apply please clicl the link below
When applying for a job, do not provide bank account details or any other financial information. Never make any form of payment. WhatJobs is not responsible for any external website content. Report this job