Quantity Surveyor (Construction)
Ensures that the Sub-Contracts are made in line with KONE’s contract guidelines and
* Supports Project Manager and team in preparing a Project Execution Plan and
maintaining appropriate control processes defined therein.
* Fully understands the scope and terms of the main contract as well as sub-contracts,
including both KONE’s obligations to customer and subcontractor’s obligations to
* Monitors KONE’s compliance with the contractual obligations throughout the contract
* Monitors potential claims, including the following actions:
* Reporting of matters that are potentially harmful to KONE
* Keeping up-to-date records of these matters, e.g. variations to scope of works,
events that entitle to an extension of time under the contract
* Maintaining a filing system including all relevant documentation concerning
contractual and financial significance, e.g. identifying and maintaining a register of
* Supports Project Manager and team converting opportunities to real profitable
* Ensures all payments to and by KONE are made on time and ensuring all notifications
to third parties are made on time.
* Monitors the cost control and client change control processes.
* Maintains project forecast costs, revenue and profitability using SAP and business
* Provides e.g. the following reports monthly:
* Liability statement (KONE’s gross liability in respect of each subcontractor)
* Cost/Value reconciliation (contract value measured against contract cost)
* Leads and co-ordinates project final account discussions with the customer.
* Resolves or assists Legal in resolving any contract disputes between KONE and the
customer and/or subcontractors.
* Follows changes in laws and regulations and advises on how they impact the project.
At KONE, we are focused on creating an innovative and collaborative working culture where we value the contribution of each individual. Employee engagement is a key focus area for us and we encourage participation and the sharing of information and ideas. Sustainability is an integral part of our culture and the daily practice. We follow ethical business practices and we seek to develop a culture of working together where co-workers trust and respect each other and good performance is recognized. In being a great place to work, we are proud to offer a range of experiences and opportunities that will help you to achieve your career and personal goals and enable you to live a healthy and balanced life.
Read more onFull time
When applying for a job, do not provide bank account details or any other financial information. Never make any form of payment. WhatJobs is not responsible for any external website content. Report this job