Semh Primary Teacher
**SEMH Primary Teacher**
**Elephant and Castle**
£25,000 to £35,000pa
Salary is dependent on experience, training or qualifications. The minimum experience, training or qualifications required for this position are:
- Recent, relevant experience teaching students with Social, Emotional and Mental Health needs
- In some instances, unqualified teachers with recent experience may be considered
January 2021 - permanent contract
**Summary Job Paragraph**
Smart Teachers is recruiting for a SEMH Primary Teacher to work within an independent school for students with Social, Emotional and Mental Health needs. This independent therapeutic school caters for students from Year 1 to Year 11, and the SEMH PrimaryTeacher will be required to teach students from KS1 to KS3. This is a full-time, permanent contract starting in January 2021, with a salary of £30,000 dependent upon qualification and experience. Suitable for a primary trained teacher, or a secondary trainedteacher with primary teaching experience.
- SEMH Primary Teacher
- Qualified teacher salaries starting from £25,000 pa
- Small class sizes of up to 8 children per class - often less
- Less than 30 students on site
- To work with others to support pupils emotionally using the school’s therapeuticapproachso that they can overcome barriers to learning; this inevitably includes effectively managing difficult behaviour throughout the day
- Ensuring books, assessments, reports and learning environments are outstanding
- Working with the other staff in the classroom to professionally and effectively achieve team goals
- Independent school based in South East London
- Stable and established team of staff includes support staff, teachers and qualified therapists and a solid Senior Leadership Team
- Daily briefings are held with all members of staff, particularly important given the SEMH (Social, Emotional and Mental Health Difficulties) needs of the students
- Currently 80 students, based across 3 sites
- Challenging behaviour, detachment disorders and global development delay are commonplace across the classes
- Padded time-out room available
- Apple macs with the latest technology in every classroom
- Provides extensive professional development for staff
- Provides training in Team Teach and First Aid, as well as ongoing CPD support and workshops from the school
To be considered for the SEMH Primary Teacherposition, you will:
- Hold a Bachelor of Education / PGCE / or equivalent teaching degree with QTS
- Have proven experience teaching the UK, or an equivalent, curriculum
- NQTs and/or OS-trained teachers are welcome to apply
- Have strong communication, literacy and numeracy skills
- Be eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
- Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo,an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
**About Smart Teachers**
Smart Teachers is a market-leadingeducation recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. We are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff. We have branches acrossthe country, and we are part of the world-renowned education company TesGlobal.
**What Smart Teachers offer**
As a valued employee of Smart Teachers you will receive:
Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using thePay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get thepay andworkingconditionsyou are entitled to.
FREE online EduCare training package worth £390, including 38 accredited safeguarding and duty of care online courses.
Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
**How to apply
**If you are a SEMH Primary Teacherwho can enthuse, motivate and engage students and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment, then we want to hear from you.
For more information about this role and other opportunities across Smart Teachers, please contact our SEN team on.
When applying for a job, do not provide bank account details or any other financial information. Never make any form of payment. WhatJobs is not responsible for any external website content. Report this job