SEN Teaching Assistant
* SEN Teaching Assistant
* £70+ per day
* Full time position, Monday to Friday
* All through SEN School
* To Start after October Half Term
* OFSTED rated Good
* Location: Havering
Are you a SEN Teaching Assistant looking to work in a large, thriving school where you can learn and develop alongside an experienced and specialised team? I'm currently working with a large SEN School in Havering, looking for a confident SEN Teaching Assistant to join the team after the October half term break.
Applicants with a background in health care are encouraged to apply as this skill-set is highly transferable to this SEN Teaching Assistant position and specialist SEN School setting.
This Havering based school supports pupils aged 4-19 years old. Students needs include communication and interaction difficulties, Autism, medical syndromes and physical and sensory needs. The school has two sites in Havering, with a dedicated post 16 College on a separate site.
If you feel you have relevant education and training to support these needs or relevant personal experience supporting SEN, please don't hesitate to apply.
The SEN Teaching Assistant role:
* Working with pupils aged 4-19 years old
* Working in class, 1:1 and in small group settings
* Supporting students with complex and interrelated needs including physical disabilities
* Working alongside a multidisciplinary team including occupational therapists and music therapists
* Relevant education and training or experience working in a SEN school or a background in Healthcare is highly desired in this role
* Knowledge of severe learning difficulties, non-verbal communication and the ability to support with personal cares are essential in this role
* Around 160 pupils
* Pupils aged 4-19 years old
* OFSTED rated Good
* Based in Havering
* Students needs include: Autistic Spectrum Disorder, Moderate Learning Difficulties. Speech, Language and Communication Needs, Severe Learning Difficulties and Medical Needs
* Education and training provided to successful applicants
What Academics can offer you:
* A dedicated recruitment consultant for the East London area
* A consultative and collaborative approach to recruitment - with a view to supporting you to achieve your career objectives
* Industry advice from a SEN consultant with a background in Special Educational Needs
* Tailored interview and trial preparation to ensure you are feeling confident and well prepared
* A dedicated compliance consultant to manage your file clearance
* An online timesheet portal and PAYE pay options to make things quick and easy
When applying for a job, do not provide bank account details or any other financial information. Never make any form of payment. WhatJobs is not responsible for any external website content. Report this job