Senior Associate, Financial Restructuring Advisory
Senior Associate, Financial Restructuring Advisory
Alvarez & Marsal
Alvarez & Marsal (“A&M”) is a global consulting firm with more than $1.7+ billion in revenues, c.4,500+ staff and over 60 offices around the globe and a broad range of professional services including Financial & Operational Restructuring, Transaction Advisory, Performance Improvement, Corporate Transformation, Financial Institutions Advisory, Valuations and Disputes and Investigation Services.
Companies, investors and government entities around the world turn to Alvarez & Marsal (A&M) for leadership, action and results.
The regulatory changes impacting audit practices in the U.K. and Europe are having a significant impact on the Restructuring practices of the Big 4 accounting firms. This has created a huge opportunity for growth and A&M has expanded its Restructuring practice significantly.
A&M’s established European Financial Restructuring Advisory practice enables lenders and secured creditor groups with interests in distressed companies to clearly evaluate the risks and opportunities of a company’s business plan and restructuring alternatives so that they can make informed decisions to maximize recovery.
The Financial Restructuring Advisory practice has grown considerably across Europe in the last 2 years, adding several new Managing Directors in a range of locations. In addition to this European expansion, through a combination of promotion and client demand, our team in London is also growing and we are recruiting talented individuals at Senior Associate level.
The successful candidate will be an experienced restructuring professional. They will have the opportunity to work with Managing Directors & Directors on multi-stakeholder, multi-national restructuring advisory engagements delivering a blend of review and stakeholder advisory work to distressed businesses.
- Work with Managing Directors & Directors to deliver client projects, taking on additional responsibilities as and when required
- Advise companies, investors, lenders or any other stakeholders facing distressed situations
- Assess Group-level financial performance in addition to high-level studies of the financial viability of subsidiary companies
- Contribute to performance monitoring following business plan implementation
- Tasks can include; Independent Business Reviews, Initial diagnostic assessment of key issues and business outlook, appraisal of options & contingency planning and cash flow assessments
- Develop trusted relationships with key stakeholders in the UK and European Restructuring community through the delivery of value-add client engagements
- Contribute to design and development of client ready deliverables with minimal input
- Contribute to business development activities including the creation of client pitches and proposals to win new mandates
- Experience within a lender advisory professional services team at a leading firm
- Strong track record including an accountancy qualification (ACA, ACCA or equivalent)
- Ability to demonstrate experience delivering complex restructuring projects including independent business reviews, short term cash flow assessments, capital structure analysis and lender restructuring options analysis
- Experience of managing diverse and complex stakeholder groups in restructuring situations
- Demonstrated expertise and aptitude with conducting quantitative and qualitative analyses, particularly with constructing integrated financial models, analysing financial under-performance and related services
In addition to the skills and qualities detailed above, the desired candidate will also demonstrate the following attributes;
- Capacity to thrive in a fast-paced, challenging, and uncertain environment
- Strong facilitation skills, forging consensus around credible, executable solutions.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills, confident and impactful presenter.
- Objective, fact-based approach to problem solving.
- Driven by values and integrity, talks straight, builds confidence and leads by example.
A&M delivers tangible results for corporates, boards, private equity firms, law firms and government agencies facing complex challenges. Our senior leaders, and their teams help companies act decisively, catapult growth and accelerate results. We are experienced operators, world-class consultants, former regulators and industry authorities with a shared commitment to telling clients what’s really needed for turning change into a strategic business asset, managing risk and unlocking value at every stage of growth.
It is Alvarez & Marsal’s policy to provide and promote equal opportunity in employment, compensation, and other terms and conditions of employment without discrimination because of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, pregnancy, marital status, family status, religion, national origin, age or disability or any other non-merit based factor in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations.
Unsolicited Resumes from Third-Party Recruiters
Please note that as per A&M policy, we do not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters unless such recruiters were engaged to provide candidates for a specified opening. Any employment agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume does so with the understanding that A&M will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion without any fee owed to the submitting employment agency, person or entity.Full time
When applying for a job, do not provide bank account details or any other financial information. Never make any form of payment. WhatJobs is not responsible for any external website content. Report this job