Senior Civil Engineer
Are you an experienced Senior Civil Engineer looking for a new and rewarding career?
If you answered yes, we have an exciting opportunity that could be just for you!
TBT Recruitment LTD are working closely with a client to seek out a talented Senior Civil Engineer in the North West of England. The purpose of the Senior Civil Engineer position is to support our client’s vision to transform / restore canals and rivers across the country into areas where people can spend time and relax. The role will be varied and rewarding as you will be involved in the designing and / or managing of repairs on a diverse range of national historical assets.
Responsibilities of the Senior Civil Engineer:
* Investigate and develop cost effective design and construction solutions ensuring best value, taking into account user requirements and whole life costs where appropriate
* Design and specification of engineering solutions and where required, act as Principal Designer or Designer for works, (in accordance with CDM2015)
* Management of a small team of Engineers who design and specify engineering solutions
* Responsible for engaging and briefing Principal Engineers, relevent stakeholders and offering specialists advice, when risks require greater consideration.
* Work within a team of Engineers and other technical specialists to design and specify engineering solutions.
* Write briefs for the Client’s Professional Services Consultant and manage the design process.
* Engage with the allocation of design resource, either internally or through the contract supply chain
* Define the maintenance, repair and renewal works for delivery by the Client‘s teams and contractors, taking account of, all statutory, technical, operational and customer requirements.
* Contribute to the development and the implementation of the Client‘s Design Guidance, Standards and Specification.
* Provide technical support to the Client’s internal functions, contractors, Direct Services, Volunteers, Third Party Works, Planning and Externally Funded Works, agreeing standards and specifications.
* Where required, provide temporary works designs to support works delivered by the Client’s Direct Services.
* Where appropriate actively participate in the Client‘s “Stand-by” and” Call-out rotas”
What You’ll Need For This Senior Civil Engineer Position:
* Incorporated or Chartered Engineer or equivalent professional qualification (ICE).
* Membership of relevant professional body at an appropriate level e.g. MICE.
* Professional qualification in a relevant technical discipline, ie Degree in Civil Engineering
* Demonstrate proven experience of delivering engineering activities.
* Proven experience of engineering design and construction preferably in a water environment.
* Knowledge and understanding of historic infrastructure, preferably in the water environment
* Technical expertise and application of current standards and analysis methods
* Demonstrable experience in cross-functional working delivering performance across range of functions
* Able to negotiate with internal and external contacts
* Able to provide a good standard of written communication and proven ability to present technical data
* Evidence of Continuous Professional Development.
* Proficient in the use of a personal computer and business applications software e.g. MS Office. Experience of GIS or mapping systems. Able to use appropriate functions within SAP.
* Valid driving licence appropriate for vehicle to be driven
If you feel like the above Senior Civil Engineer role, is the perfect fit for you, then please do not hesitate to either submit your CV or contact us on (phone number removed) with any questions you may have
When applying for a job, do not provide bank account details or any other financial information. Never make any form of payment. WhatJobs is not responsible for any external website content. Report this job