Senior Data Analyst (Criterion)
We're Criterion, and we love making games!
For more than fifteen years we've entertained millions of players around the world with our award-winning games. Our talented people have expressed their passion for world-class game feel, AAA audiovisual quality and technical innovation in the Burnout and Need for Speed series and and more recently in Battlefield 1, Star Wars X-Wing VR, Starfighter Assault and Arcade for Star Wars Battlefront II and Firestorm for Battlefield V.
We believe that healthy, engaged teams make great games, so we place enormous value on collaboration, fresh ideas, and unique perspectives. We'd love to hear yours! Crunch doesn't help make a better game. We don't do it. For the past three years we are very proud to have been recognised by as one of the best places to work in the UK. Let's talk about how you could be a part of it.
What a Senior Data Analyst does at Criterion
Senior Data Analysts are experts in their field and influence how we build and verify the quality of our games. They perform a variety of functions to lead strategic analysis focused on identification, evaluation, and execution of opportunities. Short-term focus will be report generation using analysis of project and player data, establishing data foundations and levelling up teams to become more data-driven. Medium to longer term, you will identify areas of data insights, through experimentation opportunities, to improve operational excellence and transform our quality strategies.
You will also:
- Partner with leadership and peers to understand report requirements and ensure consistency across teams
- Drive methodologies in tools and visual technologies for building live project data dashboards and supporting documentation
- Develop scripts and queries to import, clean, transform and enhance data
- Champion for data quality; craft data quality policies and data governance
You Will Need
- The ability to write fast and reusable SQL code
- Efficiency in Python or R
- Expertise querying large amounts of semi-structured big data using SQL languages on multiple platforms such as Hadoop, MySQL, SQL Server or Terradata
- To visualise data insights using tools like Power BI, Tableau or Excel
- Understanding of Agile methodologies and experience with applications such as JIRA/JaaS, Confluence, DevTest or TestRail
What's in it for you? Glad you asked!
- Great compensation package plus annual bonus scheme, pension scheme and stock plans
- Private medical insurance and dental care, life insurance and free onsite gym
- Employee discounts and rail season ticket loans
- Annual game points and digital download allowance
- 25 days holiday (including 3 days company shutdown days between Christmas & New Year)
- Two annual staff parties (Summer and Christmas)
- Onsite cafe, casual dress code and games areas
We thought you might also want to know more about our studio and location:
Take your career to the next level - apply today!
When applying for a job, do not provide bank account details or any other financial information. Never make any form of payment. WhatJobs is not responsible for any external website content. Report this job