Senior Front End Developer
BenevolentAI, founded in 2013, creates and applies AI technologies to transform the way medicines are discovered and developed. BenevolentAI seeks to improve patient’s lives by applying technology designed to generate better data decision making and in doing so lower drug development costs, decrease failure rates and increase the speed at which medicines are generated. The company has developed the Benevolent Platform™ - a discovery platform used by BenevolentAI scientists to find new ways to treat disease and personalise drugs to patients.
BenevolentAI is HQ’d in London with a research facility in Cambridge (UK) and further offices in New York. BenevolentAI has active R&D drug programmes from discovery to PhaseIIb in disease areas such as ALS, Parkinson’s, Ulcerative Colitis and Sarcopenia.
We are looking for a Senior Front End software engineer willing to work on an exciting greenfield project: a web-based platform for surfacing the power of our AI models and state of the art data analysis methods for scientists. Our goal is to bring together world-class Scientists and Machine Learning Researchers to accelerate the discovery of therapeutic treatments for human diseases. This is an ideal role if you are passionate about the Biomedical/ Medicinal Chemistry domains, user experience, data visualisation and machine learning, and if you would be excited by the opportunity to grow your skills in these areas.
We offer a great opportunity to explore and experiment with the state of the art tech stack and product to bring it to another level. You will also have the freedom to learn more within the role through regular in-house presentations and other training and develop your career in a highly challenging, but rewarding role.
- Responsible for driving the vision of the frontend architecture across multiple products
- Work closely in an experienced and cross functional application team to help implement and deliver elegant solutions for a wide range of scientists.
- Iterate rapidly based on user feedback and experiment with different ideas without losing sight of engineering quality.
- Implement user interfaces using state of the art front end tools ideally with an interest in data visualisation too.
- Collaborate with Biologists, Data scientists, AI/Machine Learning researchers, bio and cheminformaticians, and Chemists. We are all passionate about maintaining a consistent user experience across our products and value a willingness to be actively involved in other non-technical processes such as user and UX research.
- Be pragmatic and flexible - adapting your approach to work on small prototypes, MVPs and long-lived products.
- Be willing to share and champion your opinion on technical direction, and contribute to the mix of ideas.
- Mentor, and be mentored by, other members of the team. Partake in and facilitate workshops, retros and other project sessions.
We’re looking for someone with...
- 5+ years of commercial experience in front end web application development and with a genuine passion for elegant UI/UX solutions.
- Strong attention to detail and a willingness to champion good design principles and translate them into code
- The willingness to be flexible and a team player matter more to us than experience in set technologies, although experience using the following stack might be beneficial: Vue (or similar frameworks), Typescript, GraphQL, Webpack, Lerna, Jest, Cypress,
- Knowledge of automated and manual testing approaches
- Experience of Agile scrum, fast iterative environments, and version control.
- You must be a strong communicator who can explain what is required to build and deliver great software products.
Who are we?
We have assembled a diverse, exceptionally talented and spirited team to tackle the most pressing and challenging problems at the intersection of artificial intelligence and drug discovery. We bring our ideas and passion for new technology and medicine discover to life by questioning traditional scientific dogmas.
Our core values reflect who we are and how we work and they are so important to achieve our mission: Bring better medicine to patients faster.
Put patients first. Drive to delivery. Break boundaries. Own the solution.
Find out more
When applying for a job, do not provide bank account details or any other financial information. Never make any form of payment. WhatJobs is not responsible for any external website content. Report this job