Senior IT Technician
To our wonderful friends and followers around the world, Jagex is not pausing its search for the most talented people to join its ranks. We're a successful, robust and growing business, after all.
In light of the current situation concerning coronavirus, we have already made changes to the way we recruit, and of course are mindful of following all necessary processes to ensure the safety of our staff and anyone we might come into contact with.
Jagex has switched to working almost entirely remotely, and in line with that our recruitment and selection process has moved to an entirely remote one with video calls being the preferred method of interview.
Our hiring managers are engaged, we are well-prepared and we sincerely look forward to talking to you soon. Our team of expert recruiters will be in touch with you to talk you through the process and changes and what to expect.
So, don't delay, get that application in today!
A leader in creating deep and engaging experiences on PC and mobile, Jagex was founded in 2001 and is today one of the UK's biggest and most respected video game developers and publishers.
Famed for its flagship MMOs RuneScape and Old School RuneScape, Jagex has welcomed more than 260million player accounts to its world and created a $1bn lifetime franchise revenue. Today the RuneScape franchise exists beyond running games in live operations; our titles are living games that connect and inspire millions of players, with content and experiences both inside and outside of inexhaustible game worlds.
Both RuneScape and Old School RuneScape, on PC and mobile, offer ever-evolving, highly-active worlds and our community-focussed development ethos empowers players to have a real say in how each game is shaped.
Jagex is expanding and extending its portfolio with fresh franchise titles, new IP and, in 2018 launched Jagex Partners, delivering third-party publishing and operational services exclusively for the living games of the future.
Jagex employs more than 360 people at its Cambridge headquarters and is on the hunt for talented people to work across the business to help the company to achieve yet another year of record growth and player satisfaction.
As Senior IT Technician, you will take ownership of both simple and complicated IT issues and requests from across the company. Your goal is not only to resolve these issues directly, but also to enable other IT Technicians to resolve similarly complicated issues and requests effectively; by driving the definition, improvement and adoption of all IT support and troubleshooting procedures.
You will drive employee efficiency by providing a first-class IT support service via phone, e-mail, chat, IM, remote control or in person, as well as by managing customers' queries in an effective and professional manner.
You will have a good understanding of all the different services that IT offers and will use that understanding to make sure that complex issues or requests are escalated to the appropriate IT support team.
This role will allow legions of gamers to play our games, by enabling our Studios and Commercial areas to create the best possible games. If you are a passionate gamer with a strong IT background, do we have the job for you!
- Provide world class IT/Customer Liaison
- By taking ownership of customer requests, issues, and complaints - always making sure to respond in a timely fashion and to follow the appropriate escalation procedures.
- By ensuring that customers are kept informed of the progress of their issues or requests, as well as the resolution by managing expectations at all times.
- By understanding the game delivery / update schedule so you can help prioritize issue resolution relative to business value.
- By logging all customer issues & requests on the IT ticketing system, understanding and establishing customer needs, and collecting relevant information & diagnostics needed for investigation & resolution.
- Proven commercial experience in a similar support role.
- A customer service focus, with an excellent ability to handle customers effectively; with a qualification or work experience in a customer-facing environment.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on listening, questioning & team working skills.
- Ability to present ideas & troubleshooting procedures in business-friendly & user-friendly language.
- Proven analytical & problem-solving abilities, combined with excellent attention to detail.
- Have excellent organisational & prioritisation skills, ability to complete multiple projects in a timely manner & can work efficiently under pressure.
- Flexible Working
- Bonus Scheme
- Private Health Care
- Gym Membership
- Generous Pension Contributions
- Life Insurance
- Free Cycle Repair
- Income Protection
- Dental Plan
- Free Fruit and Drinks
- Subsidised Canteen
Feel like you fit this role, but don't meet all the requirements? We strive for fresh perspectives, so as long as you can demonstrate how your attitude and other abilities might make up for any gaps we would welcome your application!
Jagex are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.
When applying for a job, do not provide bank account details or any other financial information. Never make any form of payment. WhatJobs is not responsible for any external website content. Report this job