Senior Java Developer (contract)
Digiterre is a software and data engineering consultancy that enables technological and organisational transformation for many of the world’s leading organisations - be they commodity or energy traders, banks or investment managers, digital disruptors or public sector providers. We envisage, design and deliver software and data engineering solutions that users want, need and love to use. We achieve “Agility at Greater Velocity” because we care about taking ownership for solving the toughest technical challenges and creating outstanding outcomes. As a consequence of this approach, we typically deliver high-risk, high-profile and time-constrained projects in less time than competitors, often significantly so.
Digiterre is a two-time award winner of Best MiFID II Solution – Trade and Transaction Reporting awarded by HFM European Hedge Fund Services
Our working culture is highly collaborative, consultative and respectful. We fully understand our client’s needs as they evolve through the development lifecycle and use modern tools, methodologies and technologies to enable us to work closely with in-house experts, and their end users, to maximise the benefits to all involved.
About The Role
We are currently looking for an experienced contract Consultant Developer with strong server side Java skills.
Experience working in financial services to develop trading systems is essential to be considered for this opportunity.
Recruitment Agencies: We are not looking to onboard additional suppliers at this time and will not respond to resumes sent speculatively for this opportunity.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Working with dedicated client team to provide bespoke software solutions to financial services/energy trading clients.
- As an experienced developer and consultant, you will be expected to perform the following activities:
- Work directly with your colleagues and clients to identify current and future requirements.
- Ensuring high standards of code quality are met through measures such as peer review and appropriate testing.
- Collaborate closely with the Digiterre team and external stakeholders to maintain Digiterre's reputation for quality and service.
- Strong level of experience with server side Java, preferably in greenfield and brownfield projects in the financial services or energy trading domains.
- Experience required in the following:
- Spring Boot
- Message-oriented middleware such as Kafka, Rabbit MQ, and IBM MQ
- Designing and building REST APIs
- Working with relational and NoSQL databases
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines
- Experience with source control (Git preferred)
- Developing against REST APIs
- Unit testing with experience of TDD. Familiarity with BDD is beneficial
- Experience with Angular, React, Redux and Redux Saga middleware is desirable
- Professional services mindset- demonstrates genuine empathy and desire to work collaboratively to solve customer problems.
- Good prioritisation and time management.
- A proactive approach to problem solving, taking ownership of issues and having the determination to follow things through.
- The ability to present and absorb complex ideas quickly and accurately.
- A team player, self-confident and collaborative.
- Attitude – enthusiastic, positive, and self-motivated.
- Experience working with large and complex data sets
- Cloud experience (AWS/Azure) is beneficial
This is a contract opportunity.
The selection process:
Selected candidates will undergo an initial phone screen followed by a technically focused remote selection process with potential peers and leadership.
At Digiterre, we value:
Team: Understanding that the best outcomes are created by highly professional, high performance teams working together to deliver the agreed outcomes.
Ownership: Expressing a dependable ‘can-do’ attitude. We do whatever it takes to deliver a complete solution to a problem, on time on and within budget. We own the issues, not just the story.
Transparency: Actively communicating all the time. We are open and approachable in our dealings with clients and with each other. We appreciate others’ perspectives.
Expertise: Being highly professional at all times, displaying strong domain knowledge that is focused on solving clients’ business problems. Having the pragmatism and experience to propose multiple solutions and working with the client to select the best option.
Motivation: Being driven to deliver innovative, best of breed solutions that meet the clients’ needs.
When applying for a job, do not provide bank account details or any other financial information. Never make any form of payment. WhatJobs is not responsible for any external website content. Report this job