Senior Producer (Wales)
- Category: Fashion and Arts
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: West Midlands (County)
- Reference: 92b9fc2df9417f51623d6269b558974083a720ef
- Date: 1 day ago
Closing Date - 17/11/2020 The delivery body in Wales is Creative Wales and the Wales Senior Producer will lead on the development, planning and delivery of the Welsh creative commissions as part of Festival 2022.
Reporting to Creative Wales, the Wales Senior Producer will be responsible for overseeing the successful delivery of the Welsh commissioned projects.
This role will suit an experienced Producer from an arts, culture or public programming background. You will be responsible for overseeing the development, planning, negotiation and delivery of commissions within Wales - and work collaboratively with co-producing and commissioning partners across the UK to deliver work in a highly devolved delivery model. This is an exciting opportunity to shape an evolving project, within a fast-paced environment.
* Lead on the development and delivery of Wales's commissions for Festival 2022, overseeing the development, planning and delivery of projects in partnership with co-commissioning and producing partners across the UK in a highly devolved delivery model.
* Work closely with the Head of Commissioning and the wider creative team to scope prospective projects, programme strands and ideas - working up delivery plans.
* Negotiate and agree commissioning principles for relevant contracts and creative briefs.
* Work with strategic delivery bodies across the four nations to support the development of the commissioned Festival programme.
* Create opportunities within the Festival programme for emerging talent and under-represented voices; ensuring commissions are reflective of UK communities.
* Develop, monitor and report on progress against project milestones, timelines and evaluation criteria.
* Provide project management support.
* Ensure audience engagement is central to the development of commissioned work.
* Track and report on project budgets, including third party project expenditure.
* Maintain oversight for all project documentation.
* Line manage a small team of producers to ensure all areas of work are well resourced.
* Scope partnership opportunities to maximize the impact of commissions.
* Prepare creative presentations and background briefing materials on commissioned content and the development process underpinning the Festival programme.
* Champion representation, accessibility and inclusion across the commissioning process.
Responsibilities of the role will evolve during the lifespan of the Festival and it is likely that the role profile will evolve with the changing needs of the Festival.
Skills and Experience Required
* Demonstrable experience of commissioning creative work at scale in a creative or events context.
* Experience of working within a Devolved context.
* Proven success in managing complex projects, events, commissions, co-productions and/or cultural programmes.
* Strong knowledge of the creative commissioning process and experience of working across different producing and commissioning models.
* Understanding of multi-partner commissioning and delivery.
* Proven track record of working with artists and creative partners in the development of new work and/or commissions.
* Working knowledge of all parts of production, delivery and audience development and communications.
* Experience of negotiating complex multi-partner contracts and agreements.
* Experience of financial and budget management (forecasting, modelling and managing. expenditure) for large-scale, complex creative programmes of work.
* Exceptional planning and project management skills.
* Demonstrable senior level producing skills.
* Strong existing networks and contacts within the creative industries.
* Understanding of the legal framework in which commissioning agreements are devised.
* Knowledge of public procurement and/or producing publicly funded work.
* Experience of producing commissioned developed through a research process.
Salary: £(phone number removed)
This position is subject to a Basic criminal record check from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Please note that this role is not capable of sponsorship under Tier 2 of the points based system.
Birmingham 2022 is an equal opportunities organisation and Disability Confident employer. We encourage applications from all background and communities.
As part of our commitment as a Disability Confident employer, we offer a guaranteed interview to anyone with a disability whose application meets the minimum criteria for the post.
If you wish for your application to be considered under the Disability Confident scheme, please submit a completed form with your application, which can be found on the Birmingham 2022 jobs site under the current vacancies drop down.
To apply for this role please follow the link and complete the application attaching a CV, covering letter and disability confident/ reasonable adjustments form (if required).
On occasions where we receive a large number of applications, we may close the advert ahead of the publicised closing date. We would therefore advise that you submit your completed application as soon as possible.
We take your data privacy seriously. Before sending your application please review our applicant privacy notice which explains how we use your personal data. This can be found on the Birmingham 2022 jobs site under the current vacancies drop down.
When applying for a job, do not provide bank account details or any other financial information. Never make any form of payment. WhatJobs is not responsible for any external website content. Report this job