We believe real value is powered by the unique skills and experiences of our professionals. The interchange of ideas from a diverse group of people gives our teams an expanded perspective and the ability to find better solutions for our clients.
Req Id : 24683
Job Title : Senior/Principal Ecologist
Business Unit Sector : PCL-WTR EMEIA
Work Location : UKBRADAVON, UKHOME, UKREDHILL, UKSITE, UKCHESTER
Opportunity Type : Staff
Relocation eligible : No
Full time/Part time :Full-Time
Contract Hire Only for this Project :
Job SummaryBlack & Veatch are recruiting for Senior & Principal Ecologists to join our growing environmental team. The ideal candidate will manage the delivery of stand-alone ecology projects or ecological input into multi-disciplinary Engineering projects.Full time or Part time will be considered for this role.Key Responsibilities• Undertaking and managing ecological surveys.
• Ecological reporting and assessment.
• Providing Ecological Clerk of Works role.
• Accountable for preparing and costing ecological proposals.
• Maintaining client relationships.
• Managing and mentoring junior EIA/ecology team members.
• Instructing and managing ecological sub-consultants.
• Working and knowledge sharing with our national team of ecologists.
Should have an excellent grounding in ecological assessment and be competent to lead most of the following surveys:
• Extended Phase 1 survey
• Water vole
• Amphibians incl GCN
• Identifying bat roosts & activity surveys
• Invasive plants
• ReptilesMinimum QualificationsEducation & Environmental degreeAcademic & profess’l qualif’ns:Membership of CIEEM.Background & e Consultancy experience.Knowledge Impact Assessment (including Preliminary Environmental Assessment and EcIA).Best practice methods of ecological surveys and mitigation. player with effective communication skills. Excellent written and oral communication.Personal a ability to work independently with a high level of motivation.Professional manner.Be willing for some flexible working with regard to type of work, timing and location for survey work. Preferred QualificationsRelevant Environmental post grad qualificationFull Membership of CIEEMHolder of protected species survey and development licencesProven experience in undertaking Ecological Impact AssessmentDesign of habitat creation/restorationExperience in relation to flood/coastal management, water utility or energy projects.Work Environment/Physical DemandsNormal office environment. May be subject to extreme cold (temperatures below 30 degrees for periods of more than one hour), extreme heat (temperatures above 90 degrees for periods of more than one hour), hazards (electrical currents, working on scaffoldSalary PlanENS: Eng & Technical SpecialtiesJob Grade130
Black & Veatch Holding Company, its subsidiaries and its affiliated companies, complies with all Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) affirmative action laws and regulations. Black & Veatch does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender Identity and expression, disability, veteran status, pregnancy status or other status protected by law.
Black & Veatch is committed to being an employer of choice by creating a valuable work experience that keeps our people engaged, productive, safe and healthy. We offer professionals an array of health and welfare benefits that vary based on their geographic region and employment status. This may include health, life accident and disability insurances, paid time off, financial programs and more.
By valuing diverse voices and perspectives, we cultivate an authentically inclusive environment for professionals and are able to provide innovative and effective solutions for clients.
When applying for a job, do not provide bank account details or any other financial information. Never make any form of payment. WhatJobs is not responsible for any external website content. Report this job