Specialist School Nurse
- Salary: £30,401 - 37,267 - Annum
- Category: Healthcare and Medical
- Job Type: Permanent
- Job Status: Part-Time
- Salary Per: Annum
- Location: Essex
- Reference: 212153962
- Date: 1 week ago
We have an exciting opportunity for a Specialist School Nurse to join our Children’s Community services in West Essex. You will be based at Harlow Fields School and College which is a Special School in Harlow and be part of the Children’s Community services. If you enjoy working within a multidisciplinary team where the work is varied and stimulating, you will find this role very fulfilling
Joining Virgin Care will grant you an NHS pension, reckonable service; AFC 2019/2020 T&C's and pay banding, along with plenty of training and progression opportunities.
* Band 6 Salary £30,401 £37,267 + 5% High Cost Area Allowance
* Full AFC Terms and Conditions including NHS Pension
* Access to the Virgin Tribe platform offering up to 40% discount on Virgin products
* Access to a committed learning and development team who partner with local universities to further your potential
* Access to our wellness platform
* We are dedicated to the progression and development of our staff which will allow you to attend a number of conferences and courses throughout the year in order to continuously improve your knowledge and skill set
* You will be permanently based at Harlow Fields School and College
* Part time hours: 30 hours a week and term time only
* You will be working with children age 319 with severe, moderate and complex needs.
* You will ensure the school staff have the relevant training and support to enable the children to attend school and meet their full potential.
* You will work in conjunction with the head teacher regarding safeguarding and attend case conferences, core groups, Child in Need and Team Around the Family meetings
* Statutory LAC meetings and review LAC medicals will also be part of your role.
* You will hold a RSCN/RN qualification
* You will have experience working as a School Nurse
* Applicants who have experience working in special needs schools as a School Nurse will be highly regarded
We partner with the NHS to make a real difference to people in Essex and we’re building a working environment where our colleagues can really feel the difference.
When applying for a job, do not provide bank account details or any other financial information. Never make any form of payment. WhatJobs is not responsible for any external website content. Report this job