- Salary: Competitive
- Location: Chelmsford Essex
- Date: 2 weeks ago
Are you an enthusiastic and dynamic teacher looking to join a successful, child-centred school? Do you have confidence in your own ability, high expectations of pupils, and a strong track record in being committed to school improvement? If so then we want to hear from you!
Randstad Education is working closely with a flourishing and high achieving primary school in the Chelmsford area, who are looking to strengthen their team by appointing a strong classroom practitioner, working full time on a 1 year contract. The position will start at May half term in 2020. ...
The main duties and responsibilities of the role are as
* Contributing to the preparation and development of programmes of study, schemes of work, teaching materials, teaching programmes, methods of teaching and assessment and pastoral arrangements throughout the school, including school trips, special assemblies, performances and special events
* Planning, preparing and assessing lessons in line with school policies and schemes of work
* Teaching of lessons according to the individual needs of pupils, having high expectations and setting challenging targets
* Promote the inclusion and acceptance of all children within the classroom ensuring equal access to lessons and their content
* Marking work and providing feedback (including for homework in accordance with the school's homework policy) to pupils and parents in line with the School Marking and Feedback Policy
* Keeping up to date assessments on the development, progress and attainment of pupils and recording and reporting these assessments in line with the School Assessment Policies
* Administering assessment tasks and test in line with school policy
* To promote the positive ethos and culture of the school to other staff, governors, parents, children and members of the wider community
* Contribute to and support the overall ethos/work/aims of the school
* Comply with, support and promote all school policies and procedures, particularly those relating to child protection, equal opportunities, racial equality, health, safety and security, confidentiality, behaviour and data protection, reporting concerns to the Headteacher
* To take responsibility for understanding the part that one plays in the progress of the School Improvement Plan and contributing to it accordingly
* Be aware of and support pupil differences and ensure that all pupils have equal access to all school opportunities to learn and develop
* To promote the general progress and well being of individual pupils throughout the school, in line with the Healthy Schools standards and action plan
* To provide advice and guidance to pupils and parents on educational, emotional, behavioural and social matters in line with school policies .
* Keep records and make reports on the personal and social needs of pupils
* Communicate and co-operate with other agencies to support the educational, development/general progress and well being of individual pupils and to participate in meetings arranged for any purposes described above
* To communicate and consult with parents of pupils
* To maintain good order and discipline among pupils throughout the school, in line with the Behaviour Policy
* To safeguard every pupil's health, safety and well being in line with school policies
* To participate in staff meetings which relate to the curriculum, administration or organisation of the school, including pastoral arrangements
* To provide reports to parents, pupils, Governors and the Leadership Team with regard to the progress of the whole school initiative
* To ensure the class is managed in an orderly way and looks stimulating and engaging for the pupils with displays changed regularly
If you would like to hear more about this or any other opportunities we may have available at Randstad Education Chelmsford, please contact us at or on , thanks!
When applying for a job, do not provide bank account details or any other financial information. Never make any form of payment. WhatJobs is not responsible for any external website content. Report this job