- Category: Education and Training
- Location: England Derby
- Date: 3 weeks ago
Do you want to support children with Autism?
Are you looking to work in an encouraging and supportive school?
Will you be able to help children grow in confidence?
A specialised school in the Derby City are currently looking for a teaching assistant to join them for a September start. The school caters for pupils aged 5 to 16 with Autism Spectrum Condition. Children work at different levels across the school so each pupil is treated as an individual with a personalised learning experience.
The school have high expectations for every child and want someone to join them who will look to maximise each individual's potential.
Experience in a school or care setting is an advantage though the right attitude and personality is more important than formal qualifications.
You will be responsible for:
- Helping the children grow in confidence
- Ensuring each child has the support they need to do well at school and in the community
- Respond to each of the pupils' individual needs
The school can offer:
- A team of specialists to work alongside
- Small classes in an enjoyable learning environment
- The opportunity to give children an outstanding, highly personalised education
- Professional development throughout the year
Desirable Additional Degrees, Qualifications and Awards in childcare or youth work, e.g.
- Early Childhood Studies / Childhood Studies
- Foundation Degrees in Education
- Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools
- Support Work in Schools
- Special Educational Needs
- Child Development
- Childcare and Education
- Early Years
- Childcare & Early Years
- Language / Speech Therapy
- Core Subjects Maths, English, Science, Humanities, Languages
- Sport Coach
For the opportunity to work in an encouraging and supportive specialist school, please send your CV to us!
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see /faqs for details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We offer all our registered candidates FREE child protection and prevent duty training. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.
When applying for a job, do not provide bank account details or any other financial information. Never make any form of payment. WhatJobs is not responsible for any external website content. Report this job