Technical Sales Specialist
- Company: British Engineering Services
- Category: Engineering
- Job Type: Permanent
- Date: 14 hours ago
Our mission is to make Britain a safer place. If you want to sell the services of an ‘Award Winning Company’ that leaves nothing to chance, it’s a no brainer, British Engineering Services is the place for you!
We are an independent Engineering Inspection business, based in modern offices in central Manchester. We have over 400 highly skilled Engineer Surveyors and Engineering Consultants who inspect, test and report on industrial machinery to keep the UK industry, businesses and public safe.
As a Technical Sales Specialist you will promote and sell the services of testing, inspection and certification business. You will develop sales for our full range of services; including:
* Our design team, who verify customers designs
* Our inspection services for machinery and equipment used on a daily basis which require our thorough programme of inspections
* Our industry leading radiography and metallurgical testing service
We work with our customers every step of the way to keep their people safe, their plant and equipment productive and their business legally compliant.
What will I be doing?
As a Technical Sales Specialist you will combine your sales skills and knowledge of testing, inspection and certification to help us achieve our ambitious growth plans for the business. This is a field-based role and you will need to spend time at customer locations across the UK.
You will use your industry knowledge and contacts to build an effective customer base with people who take risk as seriously as we do!
Some of your responsibilities will include:
* Building a portfolio of new and existing clients and promoting our mission to make Britain a safer place whilst maintaining long lasting relationships
* Consulting with potential customers on their testing, inspection and certification requirements
* Preparing and presenting accurate technical service proposals
* Finding innovative ways to cultivate new business
* Reviewing and analysing information, ensuring that you make informed decisions relating to customer accounts
* Providing our customers with an industry leading experience
* Liaising with colleagues to ensure that we can deliver on our new business commitments. On time. Every time
* Inspiring everyone to make the safety of their people a priority
* And obviously, closing that sale!
What makes British Engineering Services a great place to work?
We genuinely care. It’s basic, human instinct that runs through every person that works at British Engineering Services. Knowing we always do the best job we can with absolutely no compromise means everything.
If you work for us, you will get all of this and so much more:
* A competitive salary (up to £30,000 depending on experience)
* A performance-based sales incentive bonus plan and annual salary review
* Bespoke industry training
* £5,000 car allowance
* Up to 10% company pension contribution
* 25 days annual leave + bank holidays
* Everything you need to complete a field-based sales role (Surface Pro, mobile etc)
* Access to discounts and benefits via our company benefits portal including;
retail, fitness, holiday and cinema discounts
* The support of a superb employee assistance programme
What experience do I need?
You may come from a Technical Sales or Account Management background, or you may be an Engineer, hoping to progress into a Sales focused role. Either way, you will have the right attitude aptitude and appetite for what we do. Keeping Britain Safe.
In addition to this, you will:
* Have a solid understanding of the relevant technical aspects of the role
* Ideally, you be able to demonstrate a successful track record achieving ambitious targets
* Have excellent attention to detail, as you will ensure all customer details and quotes are accurate across all systems
* Create, grow and develop great customer partnerships
* Hold a full driving license as you will be meeting potential customers across the UK and Ireland
* Have the enthusiasm to deliver a refreshing customer experience, every time
* Be reliable; There’s something about being dependable that we all think matters
To apply for this role, simply click “Apply”. We ask for some basic contact information and a CV or your LinkedIn profile, it’s that easy! Please keep in mind, successful candidates will be required to complete the relevant background checks as part of the recruitment process.
British Engineering Services, making Britain a safer place
When applying for a job, do not provide bank account details or any other financial information. Never make any form of payment. WhatJobs is not responsible for any external website content. Report this job