Technical Services Coordinator - Food
- Location: West Yorkshire
- Date: 1 month ago
JUST FMCG RECRUITMENT are working with this long standing Food Manufacturer to recruit for TWO Technical Services Coordinators.
The main purpose of this role is to to ensure that the technical services platform is effectively developed and maintained in line with internal and customer requirements at all time.
* Ensure that company health & safety and food safety obligations are maintained at all times by you and your team.
* Play an active role within the HACCP Team
* Complete and communicate technical reports as agreed.
* Proactively interpret reports and data based around the food safety and quality objectives, communicate findings and initiate corrective action plans.
* Site support for customer / third party audits and visits
* Play an proactive role in site meetings
* Develop the company environmental, sustainability and supplier facing ethical management systems.
* Update and maintain technical services procedures and work instructions; Internal audit, supplier approval, raw material approval, customer and specifications
* Management of the FSQMS document control and change management programs
* Be the key technical contact with the supplier base, customer compliance teams and relevant industry NGO's fostering these relationships
* Be the technical point of contact for any supplier / raw material issues
* Work closely with the QA and technical team to ensure that there is a link between suppliers and raw materials and the upstream operational and technical activities.
* Overall maintenance of the internal audit program ensuring all steps within the audit program are completed.
* Complete internal audits to plan, agree improvements with stakeholders and verify the effective implementation of these improvements.
* Complete food ingredient / packaging trace-ability audits back to source as per schedule including those which have specific authenticity or provenance claims
Raw Material - Food Ingredient / Packaging Approval
* Approval of new food ingredient / packaging raw material specifications in line with company requirements
* Periodic review of current food ingredient /packaging specifications
* Complete food ingredient /packaging risk assessments such as vulnerability, authenticity allergen, free from, vegan and communicate findings
* Complete food raw ingredient / packaging analytical testing programs to plan based on risk; micro, chemical, allergen, authenticity and ensure OOS results are reported and suppliers investigate and act on OOS results and trends.
* Ensure that food ingredient / packaging performance to specification is monitored and communicated internally and back to the supply base, work closely with the suppliers to improve this performance
* Ensure that food ingredient / packaging supplier NCR's are investigated and effectively verified as complete with the supplier within the agreed timescales
* Ensure CofC's and CofA's are verified against specification on delivery and assigned to delivery notes
* Complete raw material inspections based on risk at point of delivery
* Custodian of the raw materials on hold / release log.
* Ensure that raw material databases are maintained and current at all times
* Ensure that raw material approval data is available in the factory at all times.
Supplier Approval (Food, Packaging and Services)
* Approval of new suppliers, including food safety, ethical and environmental factors in line with company requirements
* Periodic review of supplier performance, including food safety, ethical and environmental factors
* Complete and maintain supply chains maps which identify risk within the supply chain
* Complete supplier risk assessments including food safety, ethical and environmental factors
* Complete supplier audits based on risk
* Work with the supplier to identify improvements and then verify implementation
* Ensure that supplier databases are maintained and current at all times
* Ensure that supplier approval information is available in the factory at all times
Customer and NGO
* Management of all surveillance testing programs; micro, chemical, allergen, nutritional
* Maintenance of technical portals ensure alerts and updates and approved and communicated
* Complete gap analysis against customer / NGO codes of practices, identify gaps, agree actions and timescales with stakeholders and verify actions as complete
* Upload customer / NGO audits onto portals and verify corrective actions as complete
* Ensure that new artwork is approved and colour standards are available
* Maintain artwork files for the site
* Approve supplier / raw material elements of customer specifications
* Maintain RSPO standard and act as the RSPO point of contact for audit body and site
* Maintain FSC standard and act as the FSC point of contact for the audit body and site
* Maintain supplier facing SEDEX approval and information
* Support and development sustainability and environmental management systems
* Support the technical, NPD and Manufacturing teams in the effective launch of new and changed products
* Supplier and raw material NCR's RCA and corrective actions agreed and completed on time
* Reduction in food safety and authenticity near misses caused by raw materials
* Customer complaint reduction caused by raw materials
* Reduction in rejected WIP and finished product caused by raw materials
* Documented periodic reviews and improvement plans with selected suppliers with agreed outcomes
* Customer and third party audit scores
* Analytical surveillance performance (customer and internal)
* 0 customer withdrawals / recall
* New equipment / new product launches right first time
* Reduction in downtime caused by supplier related food safety and quality incidents
* Ability to internal stakeholders, NGO's and supply base alike
* Problem solver
* Ability to understand information and make risk based decisions
* Excellent communication skills
* Functioning and demonstrable experience in coaching and developing hygiene and multi-functional teams
Key knowledge and experience
* 2 + years technical services experience within food industry, with both private label and branded product experience. This role would be suitable for a person with food manufacturing or food retail background
* Experience of interpreting and implementing retailer codes of practice such as allergen, free from, foreign body
* Experience in the use and management of customer technical portals and customer specifications and artwork approval processes
* Level 3 HACCP - Minimum with experience of playing an active role within the HACCP team
* Level 4 Food Safety
* Allergen, species and food authenticity awareness
* Lead Auditor, with experience of completing internal and supplier audits
* Train the Trainer qualification, with experience of training and coaching teams
To be considered for this position please apply and a member of the team will be in touch
When applying for a job, do not provide bank account details or any other financial information. Never make any form of payment. WhatJobs is not responsible for any external website content. Report this job