VGP IT Graduate
- Category: Information Technology
- Job Type: Permanent
- Job Status: Full-Time
- Location: City of Glasgow
- Reference: 212155112
- Date: 1 week ago
Are you cloud obsessed? We are!
Join us and help leading enterprises around the world accelerate their journey to the cloud and transform their businesses. Whether you are AWS, Azure, or Google certified, or an expert in SAP, Oracle, Infor or Epic, or have infrastructure, hypervisor, network or development bones, we can use your help to make a lasting impact on our high-performing team.
A Velocity career gives you the opportunity to make a significant, positive and lasting impact.
With a presence in 4 continents and with staff from multiple nations, Velocity Technology Solutions has been a leader in globally managed applications and cloud services for over 15 years. As an AWS Premier Partner and Oracle Platinum Partner our vision is to eliminate the complexity and expense associated with monolithic software deployments and cloud migrations. We provide public, private, multi and hybrid cloud capabilities supported by AWS, OCI and all major ISVs.
As part of our continued growth we are looking for ambitious and talented Software and Computing Graduates to join our Vitality Graduate Programme(VGP) at our European Headquarters in the centre of Glasgow.
Our VGP is a structured training and achievement programme designed to harness your potential and help you grow into a valued and valuable member of our global team. Initial onboarding and induction will be augmented with our mentor scheme to ensure that you are given the optimum level of support during your early months with us. Further growth will take the shape of industry recognition in areas such as Cloud, DevOps , Software , Security and Infrastructure. We actively encourage and assist you to achieve professional certification through our bespoke Personal Development Plan.
The Global Service Centre provides the entry point for all of our Graduates where you will undertake customer emersion and technology training before moving into our highly skilled DevOps training and given the opportunity to obtain valuable experience with automation tools and cloud technologies. Following which, you will have knowledge to help you determine your career path with Velocity Technology Solutions.
While participating in our VGP programme you will be responsible for the following:
● Excellent communication with customers.
● Deliver a high quality IT support in line with targeted SLA's.
● Professional ticket handling utilising the company's service management system.
● Adhere to our internal policies and standard operating procedures, and also to suggest any improvements to the policies where necessary.
● Responsible for resolving problems or questions from Velocity customers worldwide:
o In a friendly way.
o With a professional approach.
o Explaining solutions to end-users in an understandable, non-technical, user-friendly manner.
● To understand and support the service and the related technical environment, with the ability to quickly and accurately define and resolve technical problems.
● To manage all critical incidents as per our service management policy.
● To ensure all captured monitoring events are dealt with promptly in order to offset any impact to our customers.
● Reviewing and approving/rejecting any change requests.
● Performing facilities related tasks.
● To strive for continuous learning and train for professional certifications.
● Excellent problem solver.
● Fluent in verbal and written English.
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
● Good technical understanding and experience.
● To be able to cover flexible shift patterns.
● Able to cope with multiple problems in a calm and professional manner.
● Team player.
● Friendly and approachable.
● Precision, professionalism, perfectionism, passion for new technologies and a pragmatic approach.
You must ensure that compliance with data protection legislation under the DPA, EU GDPR, any other applicable data protection legislation.
Velocity offers a comprehensive benefits package which includes Pension , Life Insurance , Bonus and a generous Holiday entitlement. In addition we encourage staff to take two days off to help with local and national charities.
Velocity is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Velocity does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
AGENCIES NEED NOT APPLY
When applying for a job, do not provide bank account details or any other financial information. Never make any form of payment. WhatJobs is not responsible for any external website content. Report this job