Warehouse & Yard Supervisor
We are a logistics company based near Keighley which was established in 1986. We provide our customers with transport and distribution solutions across the UK and Europe, and offer our services to most well-known UK high-street brands.
Due the continued growth and success of the business, we are seeking to recruit an enthusiastic and reliable Warehouse / Yard Supervisor to join our busy Warehouse team and work at our Keighley, Cross Hills warehouses. **Please note that you must hold a Forklift (FLT) / counterbalance licence to be considered for this role.**
Everyone at JODA has a key role to play in ensuring high levels of customers service and satisfaction. We pride ourselves upon our reputation, providing high levels of customer service with high levels of satisfaction and retention with our dependable services to Industry.
The successful applicant will have previous experience of working within a busy warehouse / yard environment and will be prepared to take on other relevant warehouse duties as required. They will report to our Logistics and Warehousing Manager.
**The Role and Responsibilities of our Logistics and Warehouse Supervisor will be to**:
- Act as the main point of contact for all day to day operational matters for the yard.
- Provide leadership to the Warehouse Team on a daily basis
- Provide experienced guidance to the Team on managing safety
- Effectively manage resource levels,
- Understand the end to end daily process
- Drive continuous improvement initiatives which reduce costs and deliver the best levels of service
- Collaborate with all other departments to ensure the success of the Company
- Must have a current fork lift counterbalance licence
- At least 5 years of operations / supervisory experience
- At least 5 years of experience in transport or logistics
- Proven effective people management experience
- Eligibility to work in the UK
Preferred Qualities and Skills of our Warehouse / Yard Supervisor:
- Process-minded with the ability to set up effective working practices
- Proven problem-solving ability
- Excellent people skills
- Positive ‘can do’ attitude with the ability to work well under pressure
- Hands-on approach, keen to get involved on the shop floor and leading from the front
- An effective team player
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of the team and with other JODA teams
- Good levels of physical fitness
- Pro-active in pre-empting and resolving issues
- Flexibility on working hours and locations
- An ability to fine work and keep staff working
Working hours to match the needs of the business (predominantly 10:00 till finish, "late shift")
This role is a working supervisor role NOT a desk based role.
Salary comprehensive for the role, negotiable dependent on experience.
**Job Type**: Permanent
**Salary**: From £19,143.00 per year
- On-site parking
- Wellness programmes
- 10 hour shift
- 12 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- warehousing: 5 years (preferred)
- driving (preferred)
- Forklift (required)
When applying for a job, do not provide bank account details or any other financial information. Never make any form of payment. WhatJobs is not responsible for any external website content. Report this job