Will Writer/Wills Paralegal
We’re looking for an experienced Will Writer/Wills Paralegal to join our growing legal team at Farewill.
This role is a unique opportunity to help us grow a telephone will service to complement our market-leading and award-winning online service.
In the next 12 months you will:
- Help us shape, deliver and grow a telephone will service.
- Run a caseload of telephone wills.
- Work collaboratively with our sales, customer operations and product teams to iterate on processes and procedures at pace.
Hopefully, you’ll have some or all of the following:
- Proven experience as a Wills Paralegal/Legal Assistant or Will Writer in a volume environment. You have written hundreds, maybe even thousands of wills.
- You are customer-focused. At Farewill, customers come first. You need to be enthusiastic about our customers.
- You have a great eye for detail and the ability to communicate complex legal problems simply.
- You enjoy working in a fast-paced environment, being hands-on and getting things done.
- You are excited by technology and the opportunity to step away from traditional ways, assumptions and perceived wisdom.
Some added bonuses that would be great:
- STEP Advanced Certificate in Will Preparation or an equivalent.
- Wider private client experience including estate administration.
If this sounds like what you’d love to be doing, we can’t wait to hear from you. If you’re not sure that you exactly fit the above criteria, get in touch anyway. Personality and attitude is just as important as experience!
What we offer in return:
- Competitive salary and generous stock options
- 28 days of annual leave plus the usual public holidays
- Flexible working including when you start & end your day, and how often you come into the office*
- Lovely, spacious, bright office in Haggerston. But, if London’s not for you, that’s ok - we can make remote working work for the right candidate too.
- Regular off-site days and team lunches
- Santander cycles membership!
- A chance to make a meaningful contribution to people's lives and deaths
- And much more!
* Coronavirus update: Currently our lovely office in Haggerston is available if people want (and only if they want) to use it. Previously we had work from home Wednesdays and are looking to expand remote working options long term.
At Farewill, we’re out to change the way the world deals with death. Helping people to take control, personally and financially, of what matters to them after they’re gone.
We launched our first product - our will-writing service - in December 2016, and since then we’ve grown to be the largest will-writer in the UK. We launched our second product, Probate, in early 2019, and recently our third, Cremation.
Our growth to date has been driven by an exceptional product (see our customer reviews) and key strategic partnerships. We’ve been featured in Forbes, The Times, The Guardian and on Radio 4 among others. We're also making waves in the charity world - with over £200 million raised for charities on our platform from gifts left in wills.
We’re a creative, focused team who love what we do. We have backgrounds in design, technology, behavioural psychology, and management consultancy. We love to learn from each other and our customers, and grow together as a team.
Based in our lovely office in Haggerston, we’re backed by some of the best investors in Europe - from the founders of Transferwise and Zoopla, to Kindred Capital, SAATCHiNVEST, JamJar and DMGT.
This is an unusual, fascinating, and emotional area to work in – if you’re up for a big challenge we’d love to meet you.
If you’d like to understand our culture and product better, here’s a few articles for you to read: About Farewill, Life at Farewill, Are you worried about your will?
Please note - In light of the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak, all Farewill employees are working remotely and we will be conducting all interviews virtually for the foreseeable future. We will continue hiring as usual.
When applying for a job, do not provide bank account details or any other financial information. Never make any form of payment. WhatJobs is not responsible for any external website content. Report this job