Daytime Healthcare are partnering with the UK’s number one provider of laser eye surgery, lens surgery and private cataract surgery. They currently have full and part time permanent opportunities for nurses to join their state of the art clinics & treatment centres in Southampton.
This would be a great opportunity for an existing ophthalmic practitioner who is looking for a new career opportunity. Theatre practitioners who have experience in scrub, recovery and Anaesthetics that wish to train within the ophthalmic sector would also be considered. Candidates with NHS, private hospital and clinic backgrounds are all welcome to apply.
The chosen candidate will work alongside expert Ophthalmologists as part of our refractive and cataract surgery multidisciplinary clinical teams, meaning you will be involved in leading edge practice, learning from some of the country’s leading specialists in clinical eye care.
* Scrub assistant
* Anaesthetic assistant
* Pre-operative assessments
* Prepare the patient for their laser vision correction or intraocular lens treatment and undertake pre-screening diagnostic duties
* Discharge patients with after-care advice and medication
* Data entry
* Record keeping
· Registered Nurse with NMC or Operating Department Practitioner registered with HCPC
· 1 year minimum experience working in an operating theatre department or on surgical wards.
· Ophthalmic experience (desirable but not essential)
· Effective communication & team work skills.
· Excellent modern working environment with advanced clinical & diagnostic technologies.
· Industry leading training & development
· Competitive salary & benefits
· Day shifts only + usually 4 days per week rota.
Apply today to join one of the leading national ophthalmic clinic groups in the UK
- Job Location
- South East
- United Kingdom