Exciting opportunity for an experienced Data Architect to be part of a growing Technology Consultancy. Working on some of the most nationally critical technology projects.
My Client specialises in delivering complex projects to limited timescales, customers include a wide range of public sector organisations; such as, the Home Office, the Ministry of Defence, HM Treasury, the Ministry of Justice, Police Forces, Fire Services and the NHS; as well as a range of national and international companies across the private sector.
Duties will include:
* Creating genuinely useful outcomes to help deliver client goals in major business transformation programmes.
* Hands-on analysis, not just assurance, including working with clients, users and other team members
* Translating business requirements into technical specifications, including data streams, integrations, transformations, databases, and data warehouses.
* Defining the data architecture framework, standards and principles, including modelling, metadata, security, reference data such as product codes and client categories, and master data such as clients, vendors, materials, and employees.
* Defining reference architecture, which is a pattern that others can follow to create and improve data systems.
* Defining data flows, i.e., which parts of the organization generate data, which require data to function, how data flows are managed, and how data changes in transition.
* Offering advice on potential solutions and products to solve and enhance client data and analytical reporting capabilities.
Applicants must possess:
Previous experience in the application of at least two of the following methods and standards in use within our customer base:
* Data architecture and modelling.
* Cloud analytics platforms e.g. relevant Azure platform services.
* Data visualisation tools e.g. Power BI, Qlik Sense.
* Data science approaches and tooling e.g. Spark.
* Data engineering approaches.
* Government Digital Service approaches including the Government Service Design Manual and the Service Standard.
* Enterprise or Solution architecture development using a recognised framework e.g. TOGAF.
* Business or systems analysis methods and tools, e.g. BPMN, UML.
* Software development methods and techniques e.g. Agile methods such as SCRUM.
* Public sector best practice guidance, e.g. ITIL, OGC tookit.
* Business case development to Treasury guidelines.
Working predominantly within the UK Defence and Public Sectors, experience within those sectors is desirable however not essential.
Should you have any questions or wish to apply please do not hesitate to contact Clear Legal Recruitment Limited.
Please Note: Due to the number of applications we receive we may be unable to respond to every application directly. If you have not heard from us within 3 working days, please assume your application has been unsuccessful
- Job Location
- South East
- United Kingdom