Health & Safety Advisor - Public Sector, Glasgow Based
Your new company
Our client are a large government agency, With a large employee base throughout Scotland. Continually growing and expanding they are looking for the ideal candidate to fill this long term contract role.
Your new role & What you'll need to succeed
* In line with statutory obligations, this role is responsible for the provision of professional advice on all health and safety matters to ensure the safety of all staff in the course of their employment, the safety of the public and those who are directly or indirectly affected by the agency operations.
* The role will assist in creating a safe and healthy working environment by developing and implementing policies, procedures and training.
* You will be educated to NEBOSH Diploma level or equivalent. A driving licence is essential for this role.
* You must have a membership of the Institute of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH) and a chartered membership of IOSH (or actively working towards)
* One of the primary roles is to assist with the design of our new Health & Safety Management System so a good working knowledge of Health & Safety legislation and experience of writing guidance documents will be essential.
What you'll get in return
This organisation has much to offer including flexible working options, depending on personal and organisational needs. Along with a competitive salary, local government pension scheme, access to a range of staff associations and discounts and a great working culture.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call me on 0333 010 5619.
- Company Name
- Job Location
- United Kingdom