Marine Sales Application Engineer
PME Power Systems Group Ltd is solely responsible for the sale and support of the MAN high speed range of marine engines, both leisure and commercial, to OEMs and boatbuilders within UK & Ireland. Our philosophy has always been to provide our customers and the MAN brand with the highest standards of quality throughout the company.
MAN is one of the world leaders in sustainable power solutions and the world leading supplier and integrator of complete engine and power systems for marine and industrial applications. MAN have a history of innovation from producing the first diesel engine to today’s low emissions systems, which has led to their current day strength within the marine, industrial, bus and truck worldwide markets.
As the UK Distributor PME Group are now looking for an Marine Sales Application Engineer to join our team at our headquarters here in Plymouth, Devon.
What is the Job?
As a Marine Sales Application Engineer, you will work underneath both our Key Account Manager and Sales Manager to provide engineering and technical sales support for the integration of marine leisure and commercial engine applications involving Diesel, Electric, Gas & Hybrid propulsion systems.
Some of your core responsibilities will include:
· Assis the Key Account manager in regular technical meetings with key account customers
· Assist the Sales Manager in producing scope of supply and quotes for new and ongoing projects
· Advising and interfacing with customer’s engineering group regarding integration of MAN products into new or existing applications
· Perform hull evaluation and propulsion performance technical reviews on vessels and other marine leisure/commercial products
· Assist PME sales and engineering team and customers with information and calculations using the MAN installation manuals.
· Provide technical applications support for PME Group field Application Engineers and the MAN service centres within the UK
· Work with engineering and service department personnel to solve product related issues and provide feedback on issues in the field.
· Conducting sea trials of MAN powered boats to verify correct product application and installation.
· Assisting with technical presentations that explain products or services to customers and prospective customers.
In this position, you can expect to travel on occasion in the UK & Ireland and internationally.
As a Marine Sales Application Engineer, you will be afforded the opportunity to work with some exceptionally skilled colleagues and experience some truly exciting challenges that will benefit you both professionally and personally.
Are you interested in the marine industry integration of propulsion systems?
To be successful in this role, you must: Possess a high level of understanding regarding boat and propulsion systems. Display a strong customer focus. Be proficient in electrical systems and diagnostics. Be able to read engineering drawings and interpret technical specifications. Experience in electrical power engineering is a plus. It is an absolute bonus if you have basic 2D and 3D CAD experience, but training can be provided.
Communication skills for both internal meetings and customer facing meetings is essential.
Education & Experience
This position requires the following:
· A 4-year bachelor’s degree in mechanical or electrical engineering, or technical background equivalent to a bachelor’s degree in marine engineering.
· Bilingual (German), a plus.
Salary dependant on experience.
Are you ready to join our team?
If you are interested in being part of a team focused on innovation and success, and feel that this opportunity is for you, we invite you to apply to become a Marine Sales Application Engineer with our award-winning team.
Our excellent rewards package includes a company car and 28 days plus bank holidays.
- Company Name
- PME POWER SYSTEMS GROUP LIMITED
- Job Location
- South West
- United Kingdom