Fully Remote Lead Back End PHP Developer - Working on a Global eCommerce Marketplace - Up to £75k
Please note that my client cannot offer sponsorship for this position.
Your new company
This is truly a fantastic opportunity to join one of the most exciting businesses in the Dorset. Since their inception in 2016 they have grown exponentially and are truly one of the South's fastest growing businesses. Despite the current state of the world, they have successfully added multiple head count already this year and are now in the look out to add a Lead PHP Developers to their already very impressive team!
You'll be joining an extremely ambitious business, who are experts in the eCommerce space, an industry that is going from strength to strength at the moment. Their plans for 2023 is to have integrated their systems into 140 countries, so now is a really great time to join them on this journey!
Your new role
They are seeking a Lead Back End focused PHP Developer to join their friendly and fast-paced team. This is an exciting opportunity for the right person with plenty of room to progress. As a PHP Developer, your role will include maintaining and developing back-end systems for the entire solution, involving everything from integrations with new partners to updating back-end functionality to support the team.
You'll be able to learn a lot from the eCommerce experienced developers and Development Director, as well as having a fantastic opportunity to grow within the business as they further their growth plans. In a time of uncertainty, they are very stable, financially backed and within an industry that is continuously getting larger!
For this role, you should be comfortable wearing two hats; team leader and software developer!
What you'll need to succeed
* PHP - ideally, you'll have strong PHP Back End knowledge and experience
* Experience leading a small team of Software Developers
* MySQL and ideally NoSQL databases
* MVC framework knowledge (they use a custom MVC framework)
* Restful API
* Testing at multiple levels
* Architecting software solutions
* Mentoring less experienced Developers
* Setting Delivery expectations and communicating progress
* Performing peer code reviews
They are looking for someone with a varied range of skills and either an understanding of, or previous experience with, providing custom development, eCommerce or stock systems, along with knowledge of selling online. Ideally, you'll be a good problem solver, have an eye for detail and possess good time management and communication skills.
Other desirable skills/knowledge include:
* A keen interest in software development and best practices
* Experience in architecting complex solutions
* Caching Technologies
* Experience working on eCommerce systems
* Agile software development
What you'll get in return
* Competitive salaries that are a true reflection of your value
* Annual performance pay rises and bonus scheme
* Excellent work life balance and family friendly policies
* 37.5 hour week with flexi time to suit your commitments
* 25 days annual leave (not including 8 bank holidays)
* Employee share scheme in the fastest-growing eCommerce company in the UK & marketplace in the world
* Employee referral scheme paying up to £1000
* A casual dress code policy AKA 'Dress for your Day'
* Limitless vertical and horizontal career progression
* An opportunity to witness the impact of your direct contribution
* Regular social events (virtual and physical when we move out of lockdown)
* Plus, daily fresh fruit, coffee & tea for everyone in our newly refurbished offices
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
- Company Name
- Job Location
- South West
- United Kingdom