Service Assurance Analyst needed for British Energy Company
Service Assurance Analyst
Location: London / Bristol / Portsmouth UK
Our client is a British born Energy company who is currently on a mission to drive progress towards net zero carbon living. To reach this goal, they are expanding their staff with the mission to become the 'Leading Employer in the UK' by 2030. If you think you could be the talent they're looking for, then read on below!
Where will you be working?
You'll be working as part of the Reliability team where reliable services are at the heart of the goal to be the most trusted energy company. The team you'll be part of plays a key role in providing service information to help the business make decisions, understand risks, and deliver great tech experiences.
What will you be doing?
As Service Assurance Analyst you'll be responsible for turning IT service data into business information across a range of product and vendor teams. No two days will be the same and you'll flex your focus between service reporting, trend analysis, communication design and many other areas to obtain the best outcomes for customers and colleagues alike.
Key responsibilities include:
* Producing ad-hoc and automated service reports and dashboards
* Creating presentations and diagrams which explain complex issues in clear ways
* Translating technical events into meaningful business summaries
* Working with colleagues and vendors to analyse trends, identify how to make better use of data, and lead improvement initiatives
Is this the job for you?
If you're an experienced service management, reporting or assurance analyst we'd love to hear from you.
We're looking for a great communicator with superb people skills; you'll be adept at presenting technical information in an accessible way and find satisfaction telling stories through data.
You'll be able to visualise complex ideas and express them in a way which delights audiences.
It's important you're as comfortable working with processes as you are working with people, and you're ready for the challenge of getting the best out of disparate data in an organisation that's fast paced and highly collaborative.
Ideally you will have:
* A minimum of 2 years relevant experience, including IT service reporting and understanding of how an organisation's use of service data, and service management as a whole, supports the creation of value
* Experience of using ITIL processes in a service management or reliability team
* In-depth understanding of all aspects of service analysis - including turning data into management information, automating reports and creating dashboards
* Expertise with service analysis in a similar organisation. The team currently use Jira, OpsGenie and Google Workspace and are happy to consider other tools to help them do a better job.
* Excellent communication skills, an enthusiastic approach to continuous improvement and a background of demonstrating initiative.
What will you get?*
* An annual discretionary bonus
* 4% of your salary to spend on flexible lifestyle benefits
* 5% matched employer contribution to your pension
* 25 days holiday + 1 for your birthday
And many more...
(*) Please note that certain benefits kick-in once you have passed probation which can be up to 6 months after your start date.
Our client wants the best people
They empower their people to have choice around where and when they work - flexible working arrangements can be discussed for all of their roles. Please feel free to ask about this.
We understand some people may not apply for jobs unless they tick every box. If you're excited about joining and think you have much of what we've described above, even if you're not 100% sure… we'd love to hear from you.
- Company Name
- Job Location
- United Kingdom