NEW & EXCLUSIVE opportunity for an experienced Shipping & Freight Manager to join a global business.
Your new company
I'm pleased to be exclusively representing a global manufacturing business with a strong reputation in its industry. Following internal progression, an opportunity has arisen for an experienced freight\/shipping manager to join the logistics team.
Your new role
As Shipping Manager, you will be responsible for a team of 4 logistics and shipping professionals who are preparing order for shipment by air and ocean freight. You will be taking a hands-on approach to ensure that shipments are completed on time and that all the necessary documentation and compliance processes have been adhered to and completed. Your team will predominantly be doing this day to day, so you will oversee their work and ensure that the department runs smoothly, but the role of Shipping Manager will also require doing more operational logistics tasks too.
You will monitor the compliance of imports and exports and ensure that the relevant processes have been carried out, and that the relevant duties and taxes have been paid. The Shipping Manager will regularly review the performance of transport\/logistics suppliers and will be the point of escalation for any potential issues that arise. Managing your team, you will also conduct performance reviews and 1-2-1's with employees.
What you'll need to succeed
* A prior background in shipping \/ freight \/ imports and exports
* Team management \/ mentoring experience
* Preferably, you will have worked within a FMCG \/ consumer goods background, but this is not essential
* Knowledge of international logistics \/ shipping and the relevant import and export processes
* Good at multi-tasking and juggling priorities
What you'll get in return
* A competitive salary between \u00A335,000 - 40,000 depending on experience
* 22 days holiday + 8 bank holidays
* Company contributory pension scheme
* Life assurance policy
* Progression opportunities (this role has become available as a result of internal progression - it could be YOU getting this promotion next!)
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
- Company Name
- Job Location
- North West
- United Kingdom