Software Engineer opportunity at a Leading and Independent Energy company in Bristol
Your new company
Our Energy company's mission is to drive progress towards net zero carbon living. We're a collection of companies with a single vision: to power human progress with clean affordable energy for everyone.
The climate crisis is humanity's greatest challenge and the our group organisations are all working together to lower our collective carbon emissions to zero
Your new role
We have around 90 Software Engineers in our Bristol HQ, all with varying backgrounds and levels of experience.
At OVO Energy, we are searching for someone who is genuinely passionate about developing products that will positively impact over a million people and also our environment.
* You love working in teams and collaboratively building features that impact customers.
* You are motivated by owning products, from inception to continuous improvement.
* You believe strongly in test driven development and continuous delivery.
* You love building scalable, resilient solutions
What you'll need to succeed
* You're a hands on engineer with expertise in at least one programming language - if your experience doesn't match our stack exactly then don't worry, we hire based on software engineering talent, not language-specific skillset.
* Some of the technologies you will commonly encounter with us are: Scala, TypeScript, Clojure, Node, Java, React, Native, Docker, Kubernetes, Kafka, Terraform, GCP, AWS, Haskell and Cloud based technologies.
* You have built or contributed to a variety of systems, ideally in different technologies.
* Knowledge of the best engineering practices and continuous delivery.
* You have experience building highly performant applications
What you'll get in return
● A very strong engineering culture
● Competitive pay + a great bonus scheme
● 4% flexible benefits (we'll chip in an extra 4% of your basic salary towards tech for your home, cycle scheme, health plan, workplace ISA, pension top up and much more)
● 26 days holiday + buy/sell scheme
● 5% matched pension
● Sabbatical after 3 years of service
● Enhanced maternity pay + shared parental leave
● Flexible working hours + home working
● Free breakfast every day
● Discounted Friska & onsite gym
● OVO offer real commitment to your training & development (including paid courses / subscriptions)
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
- Company Name
- Job Location
- South West
- United Kingdom