Support Desk Analyst role offering a salary up to \u00A326,000 per annum based in Loughborough
Hays Technology are looking for an experienced Support Desk Analyst responsible for providing technical and project support within the company.
What you will be doing
* Supporting the continued development and support of the company's IT and communications systems infrastructure, including network servers, PCs, desktop applications, operating systems and the telephone system.
* Engaging and supporting a wide user base across multiple sites, predominantly, but not exclusively, to the Loughborough & Horncastle locations.
* Prioritising and resolving support calls for the Loughborough & Horncastle locations
* Installing, maintaining and supporting IT equipment, including (but not restricted to) laptops, telecoms equipment, printers, scanners, thin clients and workstations.
* Applying company's standards and network management protocols
* Ensuring completion of allocated support activities (1st and 2nd line support) in line with predefined SLAs, by monitoring and responding to incidents and requests logged by end users of IT and communications systems infrastructure.
* Ensuring compliance with company's hardware and software standards.
* Travelling regularly to the Horncastle site to support local requirements, while based in Loughborough.
* Taking direction from senior engineering staff and management on the application of company standards for more complex issues.
* Providing assistance to senior engineers as required, which may include out of hours work.
* Managing and detailing escalations accurately, where appropriate.
* Resolving end user issues through a structured and methodical approach to root cause analysis and investigation whilst working under pressure.
* Collaborating effectively with colleagues at all levels and with different operational roles across all departments of the business.
* Liaising and collaborating with 3rd parties - external hardware, software and communications suppliers - to deliver robust and timely solutions.
* Managing daily work remotely, as appropriate, for multiple sites that are connected by a wide area network.
* Developing clear, concise documentation, where necessary.
* Working flexibly to meet business needs, which, when asked by management, may require working outside of standard working hours and\/or working on tasks outside of the core area of responsibility defined for this role.
Who you will be working for
Our Client is one of the market leading providers of sustainable construction products.
What we are looking for
* Software installation, troubleshooting and problem resolution skills.
* Manufacturing experience.
* Microsoft Office 365.
* Windows 7\/10 operating system.
* Excellent administration and configuration knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory, Exchange and other Microsoft Windows server\/cloud technologies.
* Experience with data backup technologies, antivirus tools and firewall technologies.
* Aptitude with network management tools and protocols.
* Administration of Citrix.
* Windows PowerShell scripting.
* Considerable experience of working in a help desk or 2nd line technical support role within a busy IT function.
* Ability to carry out basic network, PC software and hardware diagnostics.
* IT professional standards, including ITIL frameworks, ideally ITIL Foundation V3 (11) Certified.
* Valid full UK Driving Licence
* Methodical approach to issue resolution.
* Attention to detail, diligence.
* Excellent oral and written English communication skills.
* Excellent organisational, prioritisation and time management skills.
* Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills.
* Multi-tasking skills in a fast-paced environment.
* Ability to work autonomously.
* End user\/customer focus.
What you will get in return
You will receive a salary up to \u00A326,000 per annum plus benefits.
What you need to do now
I am a Recruitment Manager for Hays Technology in the East Midlands region, helping tech professionals develop their careers and ensuring organisations are supported by top talent. My passion for this space stems from building a business on strong principles of customer service and delivery. At Hays Technology, we are shaping the future of recruitment so whether you are hiring for your team or looking to take the next step in your career, talk to us today.
- Company Name
- Job Location
- East Midlands
- United Kingdom