Great opportunity for a Technical Support Engineer to join a growing computer software organisation in Luton
Due to the recent growth and good performance experienced by this exciting computer software company, we are currently looking for an experienced Technical Support Engineer to join the internal IT Infrastructure and Security team.
The role itself is fairly broad and you can expect to be operating within a small, but busy, helpdesk team, providing first-class technical support to all users and stakeholders across the business. Your role will require you to provide 2nd\/3rd Line support via a ticketing system and you can expect to be supporting a number of technologies including; Office 365, Exchange, various hardware, Active Directory, Hyper-V, networking, security, servers and internal systems. Alongside the support side of things, you will get the opportunity to be involved in numerous projects from all around the organisation as well as supporting the implementation and development of the IT roadmap as agreed by senior management.
Key Skills and Experience:
* Demonstrable experience providing technical support in a commercial environment
* A good knowledge and understanding of numerous technologies including; Office 365, Active Directory, Hyper-V, TCP\/IP and DNS, wireless networks, PowerShell, VLANs, SQL databases and Backup Exec.
* Familiar with numerous Microsoft technologies (Exchange, Teams, OneDrive, SharePoint, Visual Studio, etc.)
* Experience in diagnosing and fixing networking issues
* Strong written and verbal communication skills with ability to explain technical jargon effectively
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
- Company Name
- Job Location
- United Kingdom