Murdostoun Brain Injury Rehabilitation and Neurological Care Centre is an award-winning 47 bed centre providing specialist person-centred assessments, treatment and rehabilitation for patients with an acquired brain injury or other complex neurological condition including behaviours that challenge. The centre is located in Lanarkshire just off the M8, with easy access to Glasgow and Edinburgh. We employ staff in a variety of different roles and provide on-going support with comprehensive training, learning and development opportunities.
We are looking for a Weekend Laundry Assistant to work as part of the centres laundry team, ensuring the smooth running of the laundry department.
• Work all shifts as indicated by the staff rota
• To help with the induction and training of all new laundry assistants as needed
• Responsible for washing & ironing all flat linen
• Responsible for the care and laundering of clients’ personal clothing items
• Ensure all minor repairs to laundry are carried out e.g. sewing on buttons etc
• Use safe working practices with all equipment, reporting faults to Line Manager
• Work as part of the total Centre team, liaising with other departments and attending all relevant meetings/training as indicated by Line Manager
• To ensure a smart appearance, wearing the company uniform provided
• Correct usage, storage and care of laundry equipment, adhering to COSHH procedures
• To comply with all company policies and procedures including Health and Safety and Fire Safety etc
Communication and Relationship Skills:
• Ensure effective relationships are maintained at all times
• 14.5 hours per week across Saturday & Sunday, 8am to 4pm.
Please note that you need to be a minimum of 18 years old to work with us due to the vulnerability of our patients.
All job offers will be subject to satisfactory references and DBS checks.
Please take a look at our progressive and rewarding benefits package
• Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
• Maternity leave at 3 month’s full pay and 3 month’s half pay, (up to a max salary of £50k)
• 2 week’s paid paternity leave
• Shared parental leave, matching the maternity leave benefit
• A thorough Induction Programme tailored to the hospital where you will be working
• Clear pay structure, with competitive rates
• Generous annual leave entitlement
• Sick pay of 4 weeks full pay and 4 weeks half pay
• The opportunity to participate in a company contributory pension scheme with up to 3% matching contributions
• Death in service benefit equivalent to 2 x salary
• A range of staff discounts
• Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
For a more detailed job spec please take a look at our Website where you can also read some inspiring stories and find out why working at Huntercombe really sets us apart from the rest.
We welcome applications from everyone irrespective of ethnic origin, gender, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, marital status, disability or social background. This is a great opportunity for someone to make a difference
Huntercombe Group are one the leading specialist healthcare providers, with hospital and centres throughout England and Scotland, delivering wide ranging services in adult mental health and learning disabilities, specialist brain injury, child and adult mental health services (CAMHS) including eating disorders and social care for children with special needs.
Our aspiration is to nurture the world, one person at a time and that’s why everything we do is designed to provide the best care and recovery for our patients and residents
We’re proud to have recruited some of the most experienced doctors, nurses and therapists in their fields and alongside our supportive stable Management structure we hope that it’s you that can help make a difference to our excellent teams and workforce
- Company Name
- The Huntercombe Group
- Job Location
- United Kingdom