Multi-Skilled Technician Apprentice - Rentokil Property Care
Permanent, full-time role
Monday - Friday 8am-5pm
Year 1: £12,240
Year 2: £15,300 (unless over 21 then £17,056)
Year 3 £18,360
Rentokil Initial is a FTSE100 organisation in the UK and we are one of the largest business services companies in the world. We have also recently been voted Glassdoor's Best Place to Work in 2020 Employees choice and we have been voted top rated workplace in 2019 by indeed.
Rentokil Property Care, part of the Rentokil Initial group, are one of the UK’s market leaders in damp proofing, waterproofing, timber preservation and wall stabilisation.
We are a government accredited learning organisation; we deliver the best training, qualifications and opportunities to our people. This means, as soon as you walk in the door, we spend time making sure you are an expert in your field. There will be opportunities to broaden your skill set through a host of courses provided internally. Fancy a promotion in the future? The skills you learn can ready you for managerial positions!
The role of a Technician
All of our technicians are multi-skilled, so every day is different. You will start your apprenticeship with one of our experienced technicians who will mentor you through your apprenticeship. You will be learning anything from joinery skills, to installing damp proof courses and anything in between.
There will be plenty of work on your own, using your initiative, and working towards set targets. You’ll also need to be a team player as you’ll need to work with your colleagues to complete bigger jobs, particularly for our commercial customers.
Whilst you don’t need to be an Olympian, our jobs can sometimes be physically demanding, e.g. crawling/lifting/climbing.
What a day in the job looks like:
- You will strip and replace timber floors, door frames, architraves, windows and doors.
- You will hack-off plaster, prior to installing damp proof courses.
- You will be required to carry out timber treatments such as woodworm sprays and fungal decay work.
- There may be an element of patch plastering involved in this role so if you excel at plastering this would be advantageous.
- Our specialist technicians also carry out basement waterproofing work, and structural defects repairs, such as wall tie installation and crack-stitching.
Do you have what it takes?:
- Looking to learn new skills.
- Can-do attitude and ability to show initiative in challenging situations.
- Great communication and customer service skills with a keen, enthusiastic and friendly approach.
- A competitive salary.
- Company Pension.
- RI Rewards (cashback and discounts on multiple retailers).
- A job for life.
This job can be demanding to begin with, however all of our current employees agree that you get out what you put in.
If you've read this far, you must click apply! We can't wait to hear from you.
When applying for a job, do not provide bank account details or any other financial information. Never make any form of payment. WhatJobs is not responsible for any external website content. Report this job