Business Systems Analyst, Global Operations
- Category: Engineering
- Job Type: Permanent
- Job Status: Full-Time
- Location: City of Dundee
- Reference: 212142890
- Date: 2 weeks ago
Smiths is always looking for curious minds. For new colleagues who want responsibility and relish a challenge. Those who would like to use their talents to help make the world safer, healthier, more efficient and more connected.
We're proud that we've been helping propel the human world forwards during our 160 year history of innovation. By looking at things differently. By adapting and never standing still. And by always thinking big.
Today we're an aligned global business of five divisions and around 22,000 colleagues, that touches the lives of millions every year across five vibrant global markets.
Smiths Interconnect provides high-speed, secure connectivity solutions that can perform at extremes of pressure and temperature. Our microwave technology is used to keep military radar systems online while our antenna solutions are installed across aircraft and space applications to enhance communications. Innovative cable solutions increase signaling functionality in autonomous transport systems and augmented reality and surgical robotics are made possible with connectors that increase bandwidth and data rates. Customers rely on Smiths Interconnect for mission-critical connectivity in the harshest environments.
Our blue-chip customers include Raytheon, Lockheed Martin, BAE Systems, Huawei, NVIDIA and Biosense Webster.
As one of the five divisions of Smiths Group, Smiths Interconnect employs over 1800 people. We have a global presence selling our products in over 50 countries with manufacturing facilities in nine countries and offices across North America, Europe and Asia.
So whether you're an experienced professional or just starting out on your career, our global scale and focus on growth means great career opportunities for the right colleagues. There's never been a better time to join Smiths. And help us create the future.
We are looking to hire an excellent Business Systems Analyst to ensure the complete financial integrity of data used to generate information and analytical insight including business performance, inventory and product costing.
In this role, you will be part of a global team to support the Finance Business Partners and Operations management teams in the pursuit of continuous improvements in cost, quality & delivery performance. This is a unique position at our company as it combines the finance elements and technical IT requirements. This position is for you if you enjoy interacting with other cultures and you are capable to work along different time zones. We at Smiths Interconnect support various industries such as aviation, space, telecommunication and railway, so you will have a high exposure on various areas.
The position is based in Dundee and we provide a full-time, permanent contract.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Assist in the efficient generation of monthly Operational results, annual budgets, forecasts, KPIs, weekly flash reports and reporting decks providing analytical insight and tools to support root cause analysis.
* Accurately report opportunities to support site objectives in terms of cost, lead time, inventory and efficiency improvements ensuring financial impacts are validated and tracked in accordance with the company guidelines.
* Provide support to ensure sound financial control procedures exist throughout the plants collaborating to revise procedures as required. Maintain knowledge of latest accounting policies, practices and procedures to ensure full integrity and compliance of financials.
* Support the annual global cost roll process and calculation of burden rates to establish and ensure correct setup of product cost.
* Determine suitable applications to translate and bridge ERP data into usable information that drives improved business performance.
* Drive efficiencies and adopt robust platforms to enable timely, accurate and visual interpretation of key financial and operational data.
* Support enhancement and development of business systems, reporting software and ERP including divisional rollouts sharing best practices across Interconnect and other Smiths divisions.
* You have a degree in Accounting/Finance from an accredited College or University and completed education and/or certification in a technical financial accounting discipline
* You have eexperience working in a finance role in a manufacturing environment
* You possess Strong financial/accounting skills and strong Business Systems experience
* Proficient with Microsoft Office with strong Excel, analytical & visualization tools
* You can be successful in this position if you can prioritise and work on own initiative, you can multitask and organize efficiently and interact with all levels within the organization.
Diversity and Inclusion:
We believe that different perspectives and backgrounds are what make a company flourish. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, economic status, disability, age, or any other legally protected characteristics. We are proud to be an inclusive company with values grounded in equality and ethics, where we celebrate, support, and embrace diversity
When applying for a job, do not provide bank account details or any other financial information. Never make any form of payment. WhatJobs is not responsible for any external website content. Report this job