Electrical Construction Manager
- Salary: £300 - 350 - Day
- Category: Construction and Property
- Location: Cambridgeshire Cambridge
- Date: 1 week ago
Recruiting on behalf of a £30M elecrtical contractor who are currently looking for an experienced Electrical Construction Manager to join their existing project team based in Cambrdge. Our client specialise in Commercial & infrastructure building services projects in East Anglia and London.
The successful candidate will be required to have previously held the position of Site/Construction Manager within the Building Services sector and have a strong understanding of both Commercial, Industrial and/or infrsastructure projects. Experience on projects such as Data Centre, Pharmasutical or Science etc. is essential.
Duties of this role are as follows:
* Defining project scope, goals, deliverables and key success criteria for the project. Communicating the requirements to the project team and stakeholders
* The effective day to day management of the project. Effectively leading the supervision and installation team to achieve the milestones and objectives. Creating an open and honest project environment in order to accurately understand progress and establish action plans as necessary
* Establishing a good relationship with the Customer and maintaining a good dialogue
* Development of project plans and associated communications documents for the project and regularly updating them
* Delegating tasks and responsibilities to appropriate team members
* Conducting regular internal progress meetings to understand progress and realign the team goals
* Engaging HSEQ as needed on the project, all necessary Method Statements are in place and ensuring a safe working environment is maintained
* Estimating the resources and team members needed to achieve the project goals, establishing the baseline. Monitor usage against the baseline on a regular basis and reforecast as necessary
* Ensuring the day to day procurement of materials and resource is achieved to ensure project timescales are maintained
* Financial performance of the project, establishing controls to understand the project P&L status at any time. Ensuring control of all material and labour costs for the project
* Identifying and resolving issues and conflicts within the project team
* Establishing the project programme. Identify and manage project dependencies, understand the critical path and determine the baseline; control progress updating using an appropriate tool
* Track project milestones and deliverables. Establish appropriate recovery measures if timescales slip
* Develop and deliver progress reports in accordance with the contract requirements for the customer and internally
* Establish a good relationship with the Supervision and installation teams to ensure daily progress levels and issues are understood
* Proactively manage internal and external changes in project scope, draft and submit change proposals, and recommend changes where necessary.
Please do not hesitate to contact us for more information.
This position is available on a freelance or permanent basis
When applying for a job, do not provide bank account details or any other financial information. Never make any form of payment. What Jobs? is not responsible for any external website content. Report this job